Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do asset management companies have targets and semi targets like banks do, If so are they the same ones?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Earl Campbell)
    Do asset management companies have targets and semi targets like banks do, If so are they the same ones?
    Same ones as usual

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Same ones as usual

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks; when companies like BlackRock and Allianz emphasise strong quantitative and analytical skills for their investment schemes (fixed income in the case of BlackRock) do you think Management at Warwick would be sufficient or would I be better off taking Econ at Durham (planning to firm Warwick tomorrow but starting to get cold feet).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks; when companies like BlackRock and Allianz emphasise strong quantitative and analytical skills for their investment schemes (fixed income in the case of BlackRock) do you think Management at Warwick would be sufficient or would I be better off taking Econ at Durham (planning to firm Warwick tomorrow but starting to get cold feet).
    Firm Warwick (also firmed management, however international) Best option to be honest. Durham is a dry university
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It'll be sufficient, you won't be doing any wacky quant. modelling in investment management.

Just firm it bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    It'll be sufficient, you won't be doing any wacky quant. modelling in investment management.

Just firm it bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by glebp)
    Firm Warwick (also firmed management, however international) Best option to be honest. Durham is a dry university
    Just as an update I ended up firming Warwick, still a tad concerned that the majority of MBB/Tier 2 and analysts at top Asset Managers on LinkedIn seem to be more "academic" subjects (Econ, Maths, History), whereas the management students seem to favour the IBD side of things more. I guess I'll do by best to hit the ground running and hope that it's mainly down to Econ/Maths students applying for MBB/Tier 2 and AM jobs in greater number.

Thanks for the advice guys!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just as an update I ended up firming Warwick, still a tad concerned that the majority of MBB/Tier 2 and analysts at top Asset Managers on LinkedIn seem to be more "academic" subjects (Econ, Maths, History), whereas the management students seem to favour the IBD side of things more. I guess I'll do by best to hit the ground running and hope that it's mainly down to Econ/Maths students applying for MBB/Tier 2 and AM jobs in greater number.

Thanks for the advice guys!
    Selection bias bro, selection bias

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any degree from a target is fine, but Schroders also prefers a mathematical subject like maths, physics, computer science or econometrics.

"Clearly you’ll need a strong academic record, including a 2:1 or above in an honours degree or equivalent. Ideally this will be in a relevant discipline, such as Maths, Science, Statistics, Data Science, Econometrics, Operational Research, Engineering, Machine Learning or Financial Mathematics"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.