The Student Room Group

Surviving long car/coach journeys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My longest car journey was about 1 and a quarter hours ans I hate car journeys tomorrow I'm going on a trip which Is an hour and a half and I find if u r talking to people and singing and laughing and messing about that passes time quite quickly as well
Hi, 36 hours ??!!, that's mental. The longest I've done is 16 hours from Stoke to Dover, Dover to Calais (by ferry), Calais to Koblenz (Germany). I would recommend for a long journey...
1.Music
2.A book/magazine
3. Pillow and Blanket - always try to get some sleep
4. Note Pad - Naughts and Crosses, doodling - I find it generally therapeutic and relaxing
5. Puzzle Book I.e crossword, word search
Well played.
Original post by WoodyMKC

Hi I'm only 13 and I wanted to know how I could pass the time on my school trip to Barcelona I'm not going for a good few months but the journey is from Manchester all the way down to Barcelona and we will be taking some rest stops but not a lot and I just wanted to know how to make time fly. BTW good luck on your 36 hour land journey!
The longest journey I've ever been on was from Leeds down to Dover then Dover to Calle then Calle to Issoire! Took from 9pm Thursday to 9pm Friday
I really struggle to see a circumstance where you would not fly that. OP was probably saving about £2 per extra hour of travel - you should value your time higher than that.
Going to germany in 5 days from london !!! Thanks for the great advice its about 20 hours i am definetly taking my ipod with a range of music only a bottle of water and a lot of food. I get very pecky on long journeys like this and apparently having ginger before the journey will help also frsh lemon juce when you start to fell peckish will setlle down the stomatch so you wont vomit. I am taking my ipad with me and downloading a few movies because most of he time the movie on the coach isn't your choice by the way i am going on a public coach

Quick Reply

Latest