The Student Room Group

'Frenchman' planned Euro 2016 attacks'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Genuine question, would have made this thread if you knew the guy wasn't a Muslim from the beginning? It seems from your OP you only really cared about pointing out how "evil" Islam is.

Yes. I've always said unless we address the issues with immigration and the failure of some of the Muslim community to integrate then we will see a rise in the far right both politically and with attacks like these

This would have been a good example of this (or as you say if it was a Muslim then a good example of how Islam inspires 'evil')
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes. I've always said unless we address the issues with immigration and the failure of some of the Muslim community to integrate then we will see a rise in the far right both politically and with attacks like these

This would have been a good example of this (or as you say if it was a Muslim then a good example of how Islam inspires 'evil':wink:

There we have it again, this attempted right wing attack was because of "immigration" and the "failure of Muslim communities"

Get a life
Original post by difeo
Even if there's perfect stadium security, the fanzones where millions of people watch on big screens will be an easy target

Its not just that, they could just strike anywhere in a city... a bar or street with lots of people. All eyes will be on and around the stadium... less so on some random street with a cafe / pub or transport

I really do feel like its odds on someone will attempt an attack... how successful the attack will be i dont know
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
you need to shut up because you're a disgusting and discriminatory person who evidently feels that a right wing shooter is less serious than a Muslim terrorist, and you're blaming this attempted attack on immigration. You people are all the same, one day we will have an actual right wing terrorist attack and I hope you will then see that terror in general needs to be tackled instead of hating Islam/Muslims and crying like a baby about how unfair immigration is, well guess what - life isn't fair, but it is certainly a lot fairer to us than the people who have had to flee their homes because of our inactions towards the Syrian conflict, but apparently you think its fair to go and shoot up a bunch of Muslims/Jews because of immigration

You are a disgusting racist far rightaphobe. There are MILLIONS of far right people around the world ...a tiny tiny tiny minority want to blow people up.

Far right people are the advocates of peace and tolerance. Far right means Peace. This man wouldn't be radicalised if society wasn't so hostile and prejudiced towards him

Yours sincerely
Mr turn your bad apologism back onto yourselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
You are a disgusting racist far rightaphobe. There are MILLIONS of far right people around the world ...a tiny tiny tiny minority want to blow people up.

Far right people are the advocates of peace and tolerance. Far right means Peace. This man wouldn't be radicalised if society wasn't so hostile and prejudiced towards him

Yours sincerely
Mr turn your bad apologism back onto yourselves.

If you had read the entire argument instead of pretending to be a hero and jumping in, you would see that I have referred to them as 'ultra right wing', and even if there was some kind of confusion in your interpretation of what I am trying to say, I will make it crystal clear: I am talking about extreme right wing people. I hoped that would be implicit, but the people on here tend to need to be spoonfed everything otherwise they will attack you on every single tiny miswording you make.

And you have no clue whatsoever as to the motive behind this attack other than a pathetic, unsourced Daily Mail article. So don't talk about how 'he was radicalised by muslims or immigration', you have no clue at all.

But let's be generous and assume your little argument is correct and that he became radicalised by immigration. If thats true, then we are implicitly responsible for Muslim radicalisations favouring ISIS or other terror groups because of our inaction against Assad, JUST AS how immigrants are apparently responsible for radicalising this French person. Your argument of how the left wing / immigrants are responsible is connecting two completely separate things.

I don't suppose you have a clue about causation, immigrants alone didn't cause this man to plan his attack. But you people tend to get so stuck up yourselves in thinking you're right, but this is a complex issue. While prejudice/hatred may have been a factor, it is almost certain that something else caused this person to suddenly de-value their life and consider that they are worth dying for to kill several dozen people.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you had read the entire argument instead of pretending to be a hero and jumping in, you would see that I have referred to them as 'ultra right wing', and even if there was some kind of confusion in your interpretation of what I am trying to say, I will make it crystal clear: I am talking about extreme right wing people. I hoped that would be implicit, but the people on here tend to need to be spoonfed everything otherwise they will attack you on every single tiny miswording you make.

And you have no clue whatsoever as to the motive behind this attack other than a pathetic, unsourced Daily Mail article. So don't talk about how 'he was radicalised by muslims or immigration', you have no clue at all.

But let's be generous and assume your little argument is correct and that he became radicalised by immigration. If thats true, then we are implicitly responsible for Muslim radicalisations favouring ISIS or other terror groups because of our inaction against Assad, JUST AS how immigrants are apparently responsible for radicalising this French person. Your argument of how the left wing / immigrants are responsible is connecting two completely separate things.

I don't suppose you have a clue about causation, immigrants alone didn't cause this man to plan his attack. But you people tend to get so stuck up yourselves in thinking you're right, but this is a complex issue. While prejudice/hatred may have been a factor, it is almost certain that something else caused this person to suddenly de-value their life and consider that they are worth dying for to kill several dozen people.

ULTRA right wing

This man was clearly driven to his actions by the smearing of far right policies by people like you. You caused this to happen with your prejudice. I didnt argue he became radicalised by immigration... I said bigotry and prejudice from intolerant people like you

Until hateful racists like yourself can accept we are all human and stop your bigotry and prejudice towards those different from ourselves, then its no surprise one or two will feel it neccessary to butcher as many innocent civilians and innocent children as they can

Far right and ULTRA far right people are 99.9999% peaceful. ULTRA far right means peace

ITS 2016 SMH
Hatred of immigration and Jewish globalism

Kill largely Whites at Euro tournament?

Makes no sense really
ULTRA right wing

This man was clearly driven to his actions by the smearing of far right policies by people like you. You caused this to happen with your prejudice. I didnt argue he became radicalised by immigration... I said bigotry and prejudice from intolerant people like you

Until hateful racists like yourself can accept we are all human and stop your bigotry and prejudice towards those different from ourselves, then its no surprise one or two will feel it neccessary to butcher as many innocent civilians and innocent children as they can

Far right and ULTRA far right people are 99.9999% peaceful. ULTRA far right means peace

ITS 2016 SMH

lol this one's definitely trolling
lol this one's definitely trolling

I am glad i can so effectively hold a mirror up to illiberals. Now you can see what arguing with Islam apologists is like
I am glad i can so effectively hold a mirror up to illiberals. Now you can see what arguing with Islam apologists is like

If you can explain to me where exactly I "apologised for Islamic terrorism" I will send you £12,000
If you can explain to me where exactly I "apologised for Islamic terrorism" I will send you £12,000

If you can explain to me where exactly i said "You apologised for islamic terrorism" I will send you £24,000!
If you can explain to me where exactly i said "You apologised for islamic terrorism" I will send you £24,000!

"Now you can see what arguing with Islam apologists is like"

You are implying that I am an Islam apologist

I would ask for the money but I have no shred of a doubt that you're going to pull some excuse out of your arse about how you "didn't refer to me explicitly" or something stupid, but we both know that you were.
"Now you can see what arguing with Islam apologists is like"

You are implying that I am an Islam apologist

I would ask for the money but I have no shred of a doubt that you're going to pull some excuse out of your arse about how you "didn't refer to me explicitly" or something stupid, but we both know that you were.

Implied schmied.

Your aggressive attack of the OP and poor reading comprehension along with suggesting far right terrorism is as big a problem is as Islamic terrorism implied you are an Islam apologist.

Send me the £12,000 and I will make good on sending you £24,000
Implied schmied.

Your aggressive attack of the OP and poor reading comprehension along with suggesting far right terrorism is as big a problem is as Islamic terrorism implied you are an Islam apologist.

Send me the £12,000 and I will make good on sending you £24,000

Sorry I didn't realise that freedom of speech was censored here. When people are bigoted, they deserve to know it. And you are too for thinking that I am an Islamist apologist, I never apologised for anyone, I'm simply saying that the far right extremists also pose a threat to society, and that it is simple-minded for the OP to think that Islam and immigration are the two sole causes of this attempted massacre.

As I said earlier, quote me something where I specifically say "sorry for the Islamic terror attacks" and you can finally progress.
Reply 34
Original post by Mathemagicien

I'm surprised only one guy had been arrested for plotting. I suspect there will be more

Looks like a lone wolf a la Breivik.
Wasn't on the original news report

as I said 'breaking news'

so I'd lose the bet. That's OK as odds are I'll win the next one and the one after that.........

Yeah next time you make racist assumptions you might be right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Yeah next time you make racist assumptions you might be right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bless
Sorry I didn't realise that freedom of speech was censored here.

It's not despite your poor attempts to silence others

But as usual the first to bemoan is usually the worst offender
Original post by Underscore__
Did you ignore this part?

'SBU chief Vasyl Hrytsak said the man had been planning 15 attacks and was driven by ultra-nationalist views.' - you must have done or you wouldn't suspect the man is Muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rep you twice there if I could.
You've spoiled the OPs fun though, look how disappointed he is that it was a fascist.
As we always feared the rise in immigration and failed attempts to integrate some communities will only strengthen the far right

It now looks like they are beginning to raise their ugly heads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3627218/French-man-arrested-125kg-explosives-Ukraine-planned-carry-attacks-Euro-2016-angry-mass-immigration-spread-Islam.html

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You were so desparate for it to be a Muslim, so now that it turns out it was an anti-Semitic, Islamaphobic fascist you desperately try and find a way to still blame it on Muslims. So Muslims are at fault for far right fascists killing Muslims and Jews? That's a new low, even for you.
You're digging is hilarious though, I'll give you that.

Of course there was no far right before Muslim immigration though, did we all just imagine the 40s then?

You're a shameless opportunist and you've been caught out. Brilliant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending