Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

maintenance loan worries watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i applied for a maintenance loan because i didnt know what it was and i thought i needed it to pay for my course fee but i was recently educated on what it is and i now dont need it as i am still living at home with my parents and they dont need me to pay rent, how do i cancel that part of my application?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ahscourtney)
    i applied for a maintenance loan because i didnt know what it was and i thought i needed it to pay for my course fee but i was recently educated on what it is and i now dont need it as i am still living at home with my parents and they dont need me to pay rent, how do i cancel that part of my application?
    Give sfe a call, but first consider if you definitely don't need it, will your parents be giving you money to live off and for travel too?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried calling them? It is a bit of pain being put on hold all the time (so do something else at the same time). However when you get through they are generally very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Give sfe a call, but first consider if you definitely don't need it, will your parents be giving you money to live off and for travel too?
    i applied for a university course at my local college so i only have a 20 minute bus journey which costs about £1.50 a day and im only in for 2 days a week and i can pay for that through my wages as i currently have a job and my parents dont expect me to pay rent so i feel as if i dont need this loan at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sportycb)
    Have you tried calling them? It is a bit of pain being put on hold all the time (so do something else at the same time). However when you get through they are generally very helpful.
    no i havent called them i was hoping there would be another solution but it looks like this is my only option so im going to have to do so. thankyou for your reply!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    i applied for a university course at my local college so i only have a 20 minute bus journey which costs about £1.50 a day and im only in for 2 days a week and i can pay for that through my wages as i currently have a job and my parents dont expect me to pay rent so i feel as if i dont need this loan at all
    thats understandable then

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.