Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have a Master's in Film Studies from the University of London. My final scores were not that great - borderline 2:1. Anyway, I graduated in 2012 after my final thesis evaluation.

I've been working since then, but felt that I was getting stuck in a loop with no intellectual growth, and I always wanted to study more. Just wasn't too sure of a good time to do it. Finally, I've decided to foray back into studying. However, I'm a bit confused as to whether apply into an MPhil or a PhD directly in Film Studies. Or try for those integrated programmes which begin with a 2-year MPhil and then automatically progress you into a PhD?

I did do a Master's thesis at the end of my MA, but I haven't had any experience/practise in research/academic writing this then? So a tad bit confused over whether I should go directly for a PhD or whether an MPhil would serve as a good base to get back into studying?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.