wilson27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing some of the same subjects at college as what I do now and I've heard people say that you should keep revision from the GCSE revision and some say you shouldn't and I was wondering what I should do.

My subjects I'm choosing are:
A level Geography
A level Geology
A level History
BTEC Music
KloppOClock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wilson27)
I'm doing some of the same subjects at college as what I do now and I've heard people say that you should keep revision from the GCSE revision and some say you shouldn't and I was wondering what I should do.
no i burned mine
DibbyDabby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only kept my GCSE work so that my sister can use it .

I would recommend keeping it for any subjects you're taking at A level you may expected to remember the GCSE stuff (in my experience, I was )
Ben_2911
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wilson27)
I still have all mine although I've never needed it.
10CLisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think its beneficial in some ways to keep it esp for the science subjects i.e. biology and chem you need to know the basics (so keep them) otherwise if you forget anything you always have something to look back on. I got rid of everything from GCSE and did not go over anything in the 3 months i had of so even if you think you know everything from GCSE you'll forget things and thats when your GCSE notes really come in handy just to recap anything you've forgotten. but if you get rid of them it's not a huge loss, just make sure to ask if you don't understand and DO NOT leave things to the last minute, i suggest to really get your stuff together by christmas if you want to succeed in A Levels..well AS first.
TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought I will need it too but it just turned out to be a waste and its just clutter now, When you get to A level you will understand that GCSE was simplifying things too much and you don't need you notes any more - especially Chemistry and Biology. It's time to make new notes!!:happy2::nothing:
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm planning on keeping my Bio and Chem notes (don't really have maths notes) but getting rid of everything else. If you're taking humanities, the stuff probably won't be that useful (like you won't study OMAM in English Lit A Level)
BasicMistake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unless you have attached sentimental value to them (I doubt it) then get rid of all of your GCSE notes.

For sciences, you will realise GCSE knowledge is woefully oversimplified to the point of being lies to make it easier. For humanities, it is more about your writing which should develop by itself and reading old essays will make you cringe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads