Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, pretty much my whole life I've had my heart set on studying Medicine. I really did and still do love it. However in summer I got results AABC
    A maths
    A biology
    B chemistry
    C physics
    I dropped physics and carried on with the AAB. This year in predicted AAB (b in Chem) and I am trying to get an A in Chem this year by working really hard but idk if I can. This is why I didn't apply for medicine, I wansnt confident enough and felt like I wouldn't get the grades so I would be rejected and feared that. Now I've applied for pharmacy which I thought was kinda similar as it involved patient contact but my heart is still set on medicine, and I can't help but think I've made the wrong choice. Especially
    With future pharmacy career prospects too. I feel I'm in a awful situation and idk whether to take a gap year (even still, i couldn't really
    Apply for medicine with AAB) or do pharmacy and then do GEM which is so competitive and more costly URGH someone help me has anyone been in a similar situation. It would be much appreciated thank you!
    Sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah12344466)
    So, pretty much my whole life I've had my heart set on studying Medicine. I really did and still do love it. However in summer I got results AABC
    A maths
    A biology
    B chemistry
    C physics
    I dropped physics and carried on with the AAB. This year in predicted AAB (b in Chem) and I am trying to get an A in Chem this year by working really hard but idk if I can. This is why I didn't apply for medicine, I wansnt confident enough and felt like I wouldn't get the grades so I would be rejected and feared that. Now I've applied for pharmacy which I thought was kinda similar as it involved patient contact but my heart is still set on medicine, and I can't help but think I've made the wrong choice. Especially
    With future pharmacy career prospects too. I feel I'm in a awful situation and idk whether to take a gap year (even still, i couldn't really
    Apply for medicine with AAB) or do pharmacy and then do GEM which is so competitive and more costly URGH someone help me has anyone been in a similar situation. It would be much appreciated thank you!
    Sarah
    Hmm, well I think you definitely will get the grades you wanted but I guess it depends on what University you are applying to and how much leeway they are gonna give you. You could try giving the university a call and see if there is anyway to change your application despite it being too late to change through UCAS. Obviously you must talk to your teachers or Sixth Form leaders about this to try and see what they think as they will probably know more than anyone else here and have probably come across this problem before. I suppose if it turns out that you can't change the course then maybe take a gap year so you can re-apply to the correct course because if you take Pharmacy and don't stop thinking about how much you would love to take Medicine, then I don't think you're gonna have a lot of fun for 4 years not doing the subject you desired. So probably talk to your teachers tomorrow about this and see what they say before calling up the university. I'm sorry if this isn't helpful at all but I wish you all the best in getting your course changed! I'm sure it will all be fine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.