Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should there be drugs tests before exams? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should students be drug tested before exams?
    Yes
    26.67%
    No
    73.33%

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I saw a story in the press this morning that students are taking a memory drug called Noopept to boost their exam results.

THE SUN: Uni students snort deadly memory drug Noopept for exams
    DAILY STAR: Uni students snorting dangerous 'brain boosting' Noopept drug claimed to help memory
    EVENING STANDARD: Students turning to Noopept memory drug to boost exam results

I've also heard of students using Modafinil to help them through, do you think students should be drug tested before exams? Like athletes and their performance tests?

:hmmmm:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I wonder how much of a positive effect these drugs actually have :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, drugs would give you an unfair advantage in some exams.

Definitely in English lit being under the influence would help u write more bs

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't even stop professional athletes with reputations that are likely to be completely ruined leading to withdrawal of sponsorship (i.e. income). So why would it discourage kids taking exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    It doesn't even stop professional athletes with reputations that are likely to be completely ruined leading to withdrawal of sponsorship (i.e. income). So why would it discourage kids taking exams?
    If your exam result is void if it was found you were taking drugs it might. I don't want as race to the bottom where students have to take mind altering drugs to be competitive...
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    They're in the news a lot but I'm starting to doubt many people actually use them.

ReputationRep:
    my boy took bare gak before an exam and he aced it, so maybe drugs can have a positive effect uno

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.