Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hate/Love Sentiment Thread - OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel that went? Flaming allowed.

I personally was moments away from putting my hand up and asking if I was sitting the right paper, I felt completely clueless. We were taught how to answer about 4 of the questions in that paper, that was nothing like the past papers. What the hell happened there?

ReputationRep:
    I found it extremely hard, espescially those cars and trains questions! I was about to start crying during the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bothnr)
    I found it extremely hard, espescially those cars and trains questions! I was about to start crying during the exam!
    I couldn't stop myself during the exam from laughing, I just knew that I was f**ked. Decided to apply the "you either laugh or cry" policy... I turned around and a mate looked at me and just shook his head, I burst out laughing because we were both thinking the same thing. I looked to the front and I saw heads inside arms. Everywhere I looked people were depressed, and they had A*s at GCSE like I did.

Man, that's 2 hours I could've spent revising for Language tomorrow or Biology or even RS or something. I'm p**sed that we weren't taught how to deal with those questions.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anything like it, I legit cried at question 11. We've never been taught it, I'm so annoyed because I was getting As in past papers, and I don't even think I got a C in this.. It was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carys.williams_)
    I've never seen anything like it, I legit cried at question 11. We've never been taught it, I'm so annoyed because I was getting As in past papers, and I don't even think I got a C in this.. It was horrible
    I feel you. I'm looking forward to my first U.

ReputationRep:
    Cars and trains were my two hardest that I don't think I got more than 1 or 2 marks on. also the very last part of 14 i think I only got 3/6 method marks because I ran out of time pretty much

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    It was awful. I started breathing really fast when the papers got collected - and after I burst into tears...oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely Impossible no exaggeration

ReputationRep:
    possibly the worst exam I will ever sit, decided that Further Maths at A level maybe isn't the correct choice so ive decided Biology might be a mujch better subject! personally I feel as though 50 is a good mark, I couldn't even answer some questions, I mean what was the cars and train Question about?

ReputationRep:
    It was waaaay harder than all the practise papers so the grade boundaries will be super low like 55-60% tops (lowest before this was 62% and that paper looked easy compared to this). However don't feel that the exam went to badly for me. I knew how to do all the questions and got the right method although I know I ****ed up the final calculations on 2 of them and didn't have time to go back and check so probs lost 4-5 marks there. Considering that the whole of the top maths set came out saying they struggled with many not finishing I wouldn't worry. If you were predicted a A and were getting As in practise you still should get an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.