Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Gcse english language urgent help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im doind fondation, I got 48 marks which is 2 marks away from from a c is there a chance of me still passing english and if there is how many marks should i roughly get in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timzy_99)
    Im doind fondation, I got 48 marks which is 2 marks away from from a c is there a chance of me still passing english and if there is how many marks should i roughly get in the exam.
    What exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examtime123)
    What exam board are you doing?
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=examtime123;65501061]Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing

Yes that is what i mean but the problem is that my friend said to get a c overall you have to get 140 marks . combined with the exam marks is he correct?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Timzy_99;65501293]
    Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same th

Yes that is what i mean but the problem is that my friend said to get a c overall you have to get 140 marks . combined with the exam marks is he correct?
    I don't think so, no. I think a C overall is about 100 (if you're doing foundation). So you'd need about 54-55 to get a C overall (considering that the exam is worth more than coursework).

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=examtime123;65501411]

I don't think so, no. I think a C overall is about 100 (if you're doing foundation). So you'd need about 54-55 to get a C overall (considering that the exam is worth more than coursework).
    Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=examtime123;65501411]

i'm doing Higher AQA English Language gcse and was wondering wat i need in the exam to get a B overall?
    I got 70 out of 80 in my coursework which is an A
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Helpmepickone;65501731]

i'm doing Higher AQA English Language gcse and was wondering wat i need in the exam to get a B overall?
    I got 70 out of 80 in my coursework which is an A
    thanks
    An A overall is about 101 marks, so you'd need a mark between 35 - 40 to get a B overall

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=examtime123;65501889]
    (Original post by Helpmepickone)

An A overall is about 101 marks, so you'd need a mark between 35 - 40 to get a B overall
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=examtime123;65501889]
    (Original post by Helpmepickone)

I got 55 in my coursework how much more do I need to get to a C

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sundus-m;65503683]
    I got 55 in my coursework how much more do I need to get to a C
    A C overall is about 87 marks, so you'd need roughly 32 marks in the exam to get a C

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.