Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm crashing human bio after never learning anything about biology (my science teacher was absent most of 1st/2nd year). I really want to learn and do well in it, could anyone suggest any textbooks / past paper books that would be of benefit to me?
    Also, I can't start being taught the course for another few weeks since I have to take it on consortium, which won't be sorted until near the end of term- could anyone suggest a basic area of the course that I could start teaching myself?
    Thanks a lot.

(Original post by rebeccas23)
    Hi,
    So I'm crashing human bio after never learning anything about biology (my science teacher was absent most of 1st/2nd year). I really want to learn and do well in it, could anyone suggest any textbooks / past paper books that would be of benefit to me?
    Also, I can't start being taught the course for another few weeks since I have to take it on consortium, which won't be sorted until near the end of term- could anyone suggest a basic area of the course that I could start teaching myself?
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi,
    I've just undertaken the Higher Human Biology course over the past year and I personally would say that it shouldn't be too difficulties to crash. Human Biology simply involves learning bulks of information and problem solving (so graphs etc). You could perhaps get the powerpoints off a biology teacher at your school and start learning the information by yourself. And you could purchase a How To Pass Higher Human Biology textbook but I don't know how helpful that would be since I didn't purchase the book myself (but loads of people in my class did). Hope this helps and good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccas23)
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi, you've picked a great course. I have myself just completed this over the past academic year and awaiting my exam result. The content itself is quite simple but there is a lot to learn. there is 4 units now compared to the 3 that was in the old higher. don't be put off by that though as 2 of the units are very small and make 1 unit as a whole. in terms of textbooks to buy there is a textbook by James Torrence that you can purchase and it has all content plus questions and answers. There is also a summarised version of the course which is called how to pass higher human biology. make sure to buy the cfe versions as the old ones are still circulating. I did have access to all my teachers powerpoints but with the year having ended im not sure if i could get them for you. I think you will enjoy this course, its really interesting and very easy to catch on to because the content is never boring to learn about.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.