Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Beer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Here's some info on the great men that are Alexander Keith's (not sir, don't know where I got that from) and John Molson

http://www.keiths.ca/k_theman/k_theman_father.htm

http://www.molson.com/en/co_info/joh...php?sec=3&ci=2

these look like very very nice beers ! I love the colonial Beers

I'm going to see if there are any UK companies which distribute these delectable beers I can't stand the cheap and tasteless mass produced chemical enhanced crud they give you in bars and clubs, i can't believe people actually rate Stella, Budweiser or Heiniken, i dislike all the major brands

ReputationRep:
    You know you're okay if you...like drinking Foster's, Corona & Amstel.

You know you're a flop if you...drink Special Brew *retches at the thought*

ReputationRep:
    Stella indeed tastes like piss, Carlsberg on the otherhand tastes quite nice and is normally cheapest pint around in my local(s).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i can't believe people actually rate Stella, Budweiser or Heiniken, i dislike all the major brands
    Yep. Stella really doesn't taste that great.
    I am partial to Heineken though, despite it being the biggest European beer.

There's always the difficult choice to make: choose a big brand that's brewed in such a way that it pleases everyone (thus it no longer tastes like beer) or go for the beers that have more peculiar tastes.

Personally, I'd still go for the big brands but even in the UK, there are many "big" beer brands you just can't get: a lot of Belgian, German and North American for example and they're great.

Is it easy to get Faxe in the UK? It's a Danish beer. I used to buy it in Berlin in 1L cans for about 80 cents of a euro (so about 50p) and it's actually pretty decent. At least worth a Carlsberg or a Bud.

Newcastle brown ale and Mc Farland

ReputationRep:
    Stella, carling, bud, tsing tou, fosters.

I will drink almost anything, but I love spirits more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    carlsberg rocks
    heineken sucks

ReputationRep:
    Beer is yucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Beer is yucky!
    Well, john smiths is, that is just hidiously jedi-like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Whats wrong with that?
    When Beer at Uni is £1-£1.30, you drink more.

If you drink more, you notice the difference!

ReputationRep:
    Banks's bitter is a lovely drink, as is Pitchfork. And Guinness.

ReputationRep:
    I heard Stella is full of additional chemicals and additives.

Studies have shown a strong correlation between stella and aggresion. I love my Wife beater

ReputationRep:
    Badger's Golden Glory! mmmmmmm

Stella = fighting juice. I think it's actually the chemical bi-product of some industrial process...... nice though.

ReputationRep:
    First of all I couldn't be bothered to read everyones comments before typing this so sorry if I repeat anyone...

Second of all (sorry if this sounds stupidly picky) but all the 'beers' you listed are not in fact 'beers' but 'lagers'. Sorry, I have a bit of a pet-hate for lagers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I don't drink from bottles if I can avoid it
    You shouldn't drink from bottles and cans as well I suppose because rats or whatever could urinate on it on the bit you drink from, in the cellar or wherever :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

You shouldn't drink from bottles and cans as well I suppose because rats or whatever could urinate on it on the bit you drink from, in the cellar or wherever :eek:
    bottles and cans reduce the risk of getting your drink spiked...

(Original post by Me!)
    You shouldn't drink from bottles and cans as well I suppose because rats or whatever could urinate on it on the bit you drink from, in the cellar or wherever
    Are you saying i'm always drinking rat piss, damn.

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying i'm always drinking rat piss, damn.
    Well i didn't like to say anything, but now you mention it...

(Original post by Me!)
    Well i didn't like to say anything, but now you mention it...
    You'd think this would stop me from doing it again, but no. Rats are cute anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think this would stop me from doing it again, but no. Rats are cute anyway.
    LOL *imagines tml running like a crazed maniac to the nearest pub and swigging out of the neck of a bottle of beer complete with additional substances*

I like rats, I would like a rat, or a mouse, or a gerbil.. or anything that's cute and furry really.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.