Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently being investigated for plagiarism on one of my modules, I fail the whole of my first year if I get no marks for that module.

If I fail, I wouldn't want to return for a resit year.

How much would I owe student finance?

I am a welsh student so I get £11k in grants, £6-7k in loans and I received a £1k bursary from the university.

I have heard that if you drop out in term 1/2/3 you would have to pay a percentage back, but what happens if I complete the year, fail, and don't come back?

Let me know if you need more info
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Michael_Antoni)
    I'm currently being investigated for plagiarism on one of my modules, I fail the whole of my first year if I get no marks for that module.

If I fail, I wouldn't want to return for a resit year.

How much would I owe student finance?

I am a welsh student so I get £11k in grants, £6-7k in loans and I received a £1k bursary from the university.

I have heard that if you drop out in term 1/2/3 you would have to pay a percentage back, but what happens if I complete the year, fail, and don't come back?

Let me know if you need more info
    You would start paying back the april after you graduate if you get withdrawn late august, before then and you would have to give back a bit of your 3rd terms grant and loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You would start paying back the april after you graduate if you get withdrawn late august, before then and you would have to give back a bit of your 3rd terms grant and loan.
    What do you mean graduate? I would not be returning so I wouldn't receive any awards?

So you are saying the first and second term grant is safe?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Michael_Antoni)
    What do you mean graduate? I would not be returning so I wouldn't receive any awards?

So you are saying the first and second term grant is safe?
    Sorry I meant the April after you leave, and yes they re safe.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    To add to what Claire said - if you drop out, the repayment terms (I'm not too clued up on the Welsh system) work the same way as if you'd completed your degree. So, as an English student under the old system who dropped out after year 1, I don't need to pay back anything until I start earning around £17k per year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.