Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys ,
    I'm trying to sketch the graph of on the attachment below and wanted to check a few details to see if I'm right . basically the the point where the new graph crosses the x-axis is(4pi/3) and (-2pi/3)? as the x-coordinates will move (pi/3) to the right direction?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    yes, it moves pi/3 to the right, and if it is 10sin(x-pi/3), all of the y co-ordinates will be enlarged by a scale factor of ten, so the curve will oscillate between 10 and minus 10.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's right but you're missing a couple of points:
    • The sin graph normally crosses at 0. This becomes \frac{\pi}{3}
    • You said this one - it normally crosses at \pi, so now crosses at \frac{4\pi}{3}
    • You said this one to - it normally crosses at -\pi - this becomes \frac{-2\pi}{3}
    • It normally crosses at -2\pi. This becomes \frac{-5\pi}{3}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndroidOS)
    Yes, that's right but you're missing a couple of points:
    • The sin graph normally crosses at 0. This becomes \frac{\pi}{3}
    • You said this one - it normally crosses at \pi, so now crosses at \frac{4\pi}{3}
    • You said this one to - it normally crosses at -\pi - this becomes \frac{-2\pi}{3}
    • It normally crosses at -2\pi. This becomes \frac{-5\pi}{3}
    Thanks. Just one more question. Im trying to solve the equation in the attachment, what i've done was subtract 1.08 from each part of the orginal interval which will be added to the final andwers to get everything withing the original interval but when it comes to the x-1.08=1.27 i get confused, is 1.27 the angle i should use to find other values or should i add it to the 1.08 and that become the angle i can use to find other values ? Hope i've explained clear enough Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  376.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Is this for core 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    Is this for core 2?
    Nah it's for C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alen.m)
    Nah it's for C4
    okay cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alen.m)
    Thanks. Just one more question. Im trying to solve the equation in the attachment, what i've done was subtract 1.08 from each part of the orginal interval which will be added to the final andwers to get everything withing the original interval but when it comes to the x-1.08=1.27 i get confused, is 1.27 the angle i should use to find other values or should i add it to the 1.08 and that become the angle i can use to find other values ? Hope i've explained clear enough Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  376.5 KB
    You should use the 1.27.

ReputationRep:
    How about add it to 1.08 and use that?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.