Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone recommend one of those intensive courses where you do 6 hours a day for a week or something like that for a fixed price that also includes your theory and practical. ?

I want to get on the roads asap, but also in the safest way possible. I'm a very quick learner, I already did 5-10 lessons in 2014 with AA. The instructor said I had great coordination, was good at retaining information and was driving like I had previous experience (even though I didnt).

Im not working or in education at the moment so I have a lot of spare time which is why doing an hour or two a week is not enough for me. I'd also like to start applying for jobs further afield since many of them require you to be a driver if you live X amount of miles away. But if anyone has any information on intense driving courses, or even better...some personal experiences, then that would help me make my decision. Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bubbsta)
    Would anyone recommend one of those intensive courses where you do 6 hours a day for a week or something like that for a fixed price that also includes your theory and practical. ?

I want to get on the roads asap, but also in the safest way possible. I'm a very quick learner, I already did 5-10 lessons in 2014 with AA. The instructor said I had great coordination, was good at retaining information and was driving like I had previous experience (even though I didnt).

Im not working or in education at the moment so I have a lot of spare time which is why doing an hour or two a week is not enough for me. I'd also like to start applying for jobs further afield since many of them require you to be a driver if you live X amount of miles away. But if anyone has any information on intense driving courses, or even better...some personal experiences, then that would help me make my decision. Thanks
    Looks like RED offers courses along those lines: http://www.reddrivingschool.com/lear...iving-courses/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Looks like RED offers courses along those lines: http://www.reddrivingschool.com/lear...iving-courses/
    Thanks I'll have a look

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.