Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so if you're studying Computer Science/IT or a related course (Multimedia etc) in September 2004 or 2005 (if deferred entry)...where will you be studying?

I will be studying Computer Science with a year in industry @ Kent from Sep 2004...fingers crossed I will be able to spend the yr in industry in the USA.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying Computer Science MEng with a year in industry at york - that's provided I meet my grades .

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying computer science for 4 years at Teesside

ReputationRep:
    Can i just ask what people think of Derby university? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Derby had a bad report from the qaa however they improved on it. Seems to be an ok uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Derby had a bad report from the qaa however they improved on it. Seems to be an ok uni.
    I sent them a e-mail recently as i'm have changed my mind on the unis i applied to and the course i want to study and they were very rude to me in their reply. So i don't think i will be going there. Plus your right it does have a bad rep. Its more worse than some of the peoples rep on here

ReputationRep:
    I am already there, I am at Salford studying Multimedia and Internet Technology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I sent them a e-mail recently as i'm have changed my mind on the unis i applied to and the course i want to study and they were very rude to me in their reply. So i don't think i will be going there. Plus your right it does have a bad rep. Its more worse than some of the peoples rep on here
    Sounds like you made the right decision, did you originaly apply for a deferred entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Sounds like you made the right decision, did you originaly apply for a deferred entry?
    I have got places at Cardiff, Swansea and Newport to do social work and counselling degrees. Still unsure what to do though. :confused: . I will go to one on these tho

ReputationRep:
    You should go to Caaaaaaaaaardiff!! *LoL* ... oh and about Derby, when my ex was doing his A Levels he always got threatened with going to Derby if he wasn't gonna work, so even worse than Wolverhampton reputation wise I think. Although apparently it's actually a really nice university, I've got friends who go they are they enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Computing 4 year MEng at Imperial College London starting October, provided I get the required grades.
    Woohoooo so excited!!

Supposing I somehow haven't screwed maths up too badly, I'm off to Edinburgh to study CompSci & Electronics.

PS - Kinda strange how most of the people ding CS on this board already know were eachother are going. I think we should form a student trade union or something.

ReputationRep:
    Will be going into my third year in October at Cambridge reading compsci.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Will be going into my third year in October at Cambridge reading compsci.

Alaric.
    :eek: you coming to cambridge!

well, i'll be studying internet comupting at westminster.

ReputationRep:
    Computer Games Programming at Teesside (starting this Sept)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Supposing I somehow haven't screwed maths up too badly, I'm off to Edinburgh to study CompSci & Electronics.

PS - Kinda strange how most of the people ding CS on this board already know were eachother are going. I think we should form a student trade union or something.
    Yeh that union sounds cool though don't think the unis will be too pleased.
    BTW - you doing badly at a subject! You're joking right! :rolleyes:

I'm off to Birmingham to do a BSc plus I may do a year in Canada (the course tutor mentioned it).

(Original post by Chubb)
    BTW - you doing badly at a subject! You're joking right! :rolleyes:
    Will happen, its maths afterall.

ReputationRep:
    York 'hopefully', if not I'm pretty confident I'll make the Edinburgh insurance grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someguy)
    York 'hopefully', if not I'm pretty confident I'll make the Edinburgh insurance grades.
    You appear to have chosen the same two unis as me :P
    I've got York as my firm and Edinburgh as my insurance. Pretty sure I've met my Edinburgh conditions, but I'd really like to go to York

ReputationRep:
    Well, I will be studying at the maratime campus of greenwich university

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.