Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same as you, who_me... plain Comp Sci @ Kent with a year in industry, UEA backup, except with the same requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoGgEr!)
    Exactly the same as you, who_me... plain Comp Sci @ Kent with a year in industry, UEA backup, except with the same requirements
    Cool - see you there! Are you living in Uni accommodation?

Edit: UEA is my backup as well...

ReputationRep:
    yep, I'll be in halls, you would appear to be going for park wood tho...

(yes I read this stuff in another thread, unfortunately I'm not psychic)

I thought about park wood, but figured it'd be self catered second year anyway, so might as well go for at least something in the first year (albeit a £4 breakfast voucher a day, or something).

ReputationRep:
    yep, I'll be in halls, you would appear to be going for park wood tho...

(yes I read this stuff in another thread, unfortunately I'm not psychic)

I thought about park wood, but figured it'd be self catered second year anyway, so might as well go for at least something in the first year (albeit a £4 breakfast voucher a day, or something).
    I don't really see the point in paying extra for a bit of breakfast...I enjoy sleeping too much so getting up would be a hassle! I quite like cooking anyway. Did you go to the information day for CS students? I think I was the only female...

ReputationRep:
    lol, well they did it over a few different days methinks. I had an interview on the 27th of Nov, was all male (100%), but they told us there were a fair few more on the other days. It's what you get for choosing Computer Science I guess :P

As I read somewhere on the internet, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd"

ReputationRep:
    lol, well they did it over a few different days methinks. I had an interview on the 27th of Nov, was all male (100%), but they told us there were a fair few more on the other days. It's what you get for choosing Computer Science I guess :P

As I read somewhere on the internet, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd"
    I can't remember when my interview was...was fine though, didn't get asked anything that I found hard to answer. What were the people like on the day you went? When I was there everyone seemed really geeky and quiet...obviously I have to expect that studying CS though.

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeh well it does go with the territory... I know someone from my school who is doing exactly the same course, he's more annoying than quiet tho [oliver, if you happen to sign up and read this post, then er... oops :P]. Not everyone there had experience with programming etc. tho.
    Whatever happens, I'm sure things will change once people get to know each other - I'm not exactly the most outgoing person myself, I'm sure there's an inner not-geekiness in everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I guess most people make friends with people on other courses anyway..i.e. the people they live with and around. What computing experience/skills do you have? I have just completed a BTEC in Computing so have done Cisco and Oracle academies, have also learnt VB and currently do freelance web design work. Am hoping to learn a bit of Java before September...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    :eek: you coming to cambridge!
    Read again. He's already there . You've probably bumped into each other on the street and never even realised it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I guess most people make friends with people on other courses anyway..i.e. the people they live with and around. What computing experience/skills do you have? I have just completed a BTEC in Computing so have done Cisco and Oracle academies, have also learnt VB and currently do freelance web design work. Am hoping to learn a bit of Java before September...

heh, just web development mainly. PHP etc. Also learning C++ atm and probably Java later on. I'm gonna need to get some OO languages (particularly Java) in, cause I'm not sure I'm quite gonna make the offer (expecting D in German - need A and B in physics now...)

ReputationRep:
    heh, just web development mainly. PHP etc. Also learning C++ atm and probably Java later on. I'm gonna need to get some OO languages (particularly Java) in, cause I'm not sure I'm quite gonna make the offer (expecting D in German - need A and B in physics now...)
    Ah right well good luck! I have my results already so I know I'm definitely in at Kent... means I can have a nice relaxing summer now!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford for a bog-standard 3 year CompSci course.
    York as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Computing 4 year MEng at Imperial College London starting October, provided I get the required grades.
    Woohoooo so excited!!
    Exactly the same here

ReputationRep:
    am going into my second year in warwick doing cs

ReputationRep:
    Coming from the States to study 3 year comp sci at Warwick.
    Wooohoooo

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science/Software Engineering (BEng) at the University of Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh CS 2nd Year..

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge CS 50% start October. If I don't meet the grades, you can read my suicide note on the same forum. It's kind of finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Read again. He's already there . You've probably bumped into each other on the street and never even realised it.
    haha maybe :P

BSc Computing with French. (4 years hons) @ Aberdeen uni.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2004

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.