Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a Spanish test tomorrow and I can seem to remember one paragraph. My technique is to write a paragraph out once cover it up then try to memorise it but that doesn't seem to work on this particular paragraph. Please can someone suggest a new technique to me. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuck10128)
    I have a Spanish test tomorrow and I can seem to remember one paragraph. My technique is to write a paragraph out once cover it up then try to memorise it but that doesn't seem to work on this particular paragraph. Please can someone suggest a new technique to me. Thank you.
    Do you have a revision guide? If so, write down all your words than you need to know such as connectives, time phrases, verbs, adverbs, and opinions, get an a book with pages on, right one of the alphabet letters onto each page, split into columns into each page e.g. Spanish - English, write what they are and use every word to form a couple of sentences and some pages near the back of the book and track down how many words you learned.

ADVICE: At night keep reading each word about x10 each until your falling asleep, get a glass of water, drink and read your sentences and then translate your sentences into English without looking back at what the words means, this helped me overcome my fear of forgetting words I should now e.g. cuando, porque, desde, despues, aunque etc.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I miss read your thread, If your learning your paragraphs, im guessing this is controlled assessment, learn by reading out loud the paragraph your learning over and over again until you can get it in your head.
    I know it may seem hard because you will eventually heat up and because its a hot day today, you might want to try it out as it worked for me and I hit a grade A* in my controlled assessment.

if you have like a 40 word sheet, learn most of the hard content and put on your 40 word sheet all the easy words and many people find to struggle on easy words whilst they are learning hard words.

ReputationRep:
    If it's only the one paragraph just shorten it, or use a website like textivate.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.