The Student Room Group

Speeding notice

I've moved address a few months ago and have today changed my licence and vehicle details.

I know this may be slight paranoia, but I've got this niggling worry that if I have been caught speeding within the last few months I wouldn't have received the notice in the post. I don't tend to speed but you just don't know for certain do you.

Is there a way I can find out whether I've been sent any information over the phone or something?

And before I get the lectures telling me I should have changed address sooner, and that it's illegal yada yada, I know. That is not the focus of my thread and shall be ignored. :wink:
You know, you should have changed your address sooner. It's illegal to have the incorrect address on your driving licence.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Are you incapable of reading my OP properly?

If you have nothing productive or helpful to say, kindly **** off, rather than repeating what I have already stated.

Idiot. Before lecturing people on the law perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter first, to learn that you actually have 3 months to change your address :smile:

Yeah, but if you'd changed your address sooner you wouldn't be in this mess would you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idiot. Before lecturing people on the law perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter first, to learn that you actually have 3 months to change your address :smile:

The irony. Care to provide a link? Or are you just making stuff up? I suggest you 'educate yourself on the matter first before lecturing people on the law'.
Reply 4
If you've just broken the law, phoning the DVLA and pointing that out to them probably isn't going to help.
If you've been caught speeding, you've probably got three points per offence on your license. Please stop speeding.

Knowing about it isn't going to help, or change anything though, is it? If they've got your updated details on file, they'll let you know if it happens again.

In short, I don't know if you can check, or if you would really want to given that it might end up getting you in trouble for not updating your details. Probably better just to make sure that your details are now up to date, and drive safely from now on.

Reply 6
You seem strangely eager to pay a ridiculous amount of money and have points on your license.

Don't worry about it, if you were guilty of a more serious motoring offense and not just the victim of a money making scheme then they would have tracked you down by now.
Original post by ATW1
You seem strangely eager to pay a ridiculous amount of money and have points on your license.

Don't worry about it, if you were guilty of a more serious motoring offense and not just the victim of a money making scheme then they would have tracked you down by now.

What he said.

Quick Reply

Latest