Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girls making the first move and telling someone how they feel Watch

'Is it possible for a girl to ask a guy out? will it make things worst? will she be scared for life?' I have these questions and a bunch more on this topic. I am personally going through that stage of not knowing what to do however i really want to know what you guys think on that. Please help me

there's nothing wrong in a girl asking a guy out... if you're sure and confident then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I always get confused why girls think they can't make the move, why should we have to suffer in silence?! If there is a close friendship then there is a chance that it might become awkward if he doesn't feel the same way. But personally, I've found this no more awkward than secretly crushing on someone and not knowing how to act.
    I think it's definitely worth a shot, don't leave all the fun to the guys!

Good luck OP! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    'Is it possible for a girl to ask a guy out? will it make things worst? will she be scared for life?' I have these questions and a bunch more on this topic. I am personally going through that stage of not knowing what to do however i really want to know what you guys think on that. Please help me
    Yes it is possible, few guys mind a girl asking many would prefer it. An alternative is to talk to the guy without asking, this should make it easier for him to ask you or you to ask him. Its will also help you get to know him as otherwise you are just seeing the exterior and not the guys character. Constantly standing back and eyeing up a guy tends to build a divide I think, its not a good idea, it can make it way harder for a guy to approach. Being difficult to talk to through displaying shyness also makes it difficult for a guy to talk to a girl to get to know her and ask her out.

I think one of the major problems of dating in this country is that girls have not come to realize in sufficient quantity that it takes action from themselves too in order for something to happen. Otherwise the guy is faced with an unbridgeable void to go over to a girl he doesn't know, battle past all her surrounding friends, shyness, eyeing up and ask her out. Please don't take the usual tact of deciding its all down to the guy, please its not, its an amazingly ignorant belief of socially lazy women and it does much damage to guys and girls not getting together and future happiness.

Finally, go for the guy you want and only that guy, don't cop out as some women do and go for some guy they are not that keen on but who asked her out as its more convenient. Don't lead men on either and try to line up a queue of men by going around eyeing them up. Just talk to/ask out the one you want.

ReputationRep:
    You might have to, guys these days are prob to afraid to ask a girl out these days because he might get called a pervert or a sexual harasser, you however are immune to this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Absolutely nothing wrong about a girl asking a guy out! I'm a girl myself and I asked a guy out once because I really really liked him and he wouldn't make the move. I actually thought he disliked me to be honest! I decided it was worth trying so I did. We've been together for two years :-)
    He then admitted of really liking me and being too shy to ask me out, so there you go.. thank God I did or I wouldn't be in a relationship with my best friend and soulmate :-)

ReputationRep:
    So the conventional approach is to make it blatantly obvious that you are up for it and wait for the guy to make a move. This said there is nothing to stop you flouting convention and asking him out. And just like the other way round, if they fancy the pants off you it will work and if not you pick up the pieces. Go for it and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    im a girl and whenever i initiate something guys the response is always positive and its no big deal at all so go for it

ReputationRep:
    I think the phrase "you regret the things you didn't do" comes into play here. Keep is casual mention going out for a drink or drop hints if you like. If you are worried about repercussions, they last about 5 minutes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.