The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KittyKat97x
Whoops, did anyone get lamda=3 and mu=2?:confused:

Hm i remember get lambda as 1 can't remember what mu was but I did try it on the 3 equations it worked
Original post by asdgsgh
What do you think 60/75 would be?

High A
do you have to explicitly state that you're rejecting 0 and 360 for full marks?
anyone know how many marks i would loose for attempting the last question(integration) with the wrong value of k? i used k=3
Original post by tanyapotter
do you have to explicitly state that you're rejecting 0 and 360 for full marks?

I don't think so. You are just asked to find all the values in that range and I think it would be very harsh to do that.
thought the paper was very nice apart from that last question. Please can someone explain question 8
Original post by C0balt
3sin3y - 3cos3y =1/6 tan^-1(3x/2)+pi
Or sth

oh **** i did ln(4+9x^2)/18x so my final answer was 3sin3y - 3cos3y =ln(4+9x^2)/18x + pi will i get many marks for that?
thats exactly the same as me , i think i've lost about 15 marks
Original post by yoda123
How did everyone find it? I thought it was alright, couldnt do last vectors or last page though
How many marks would I lose for being a f****** idiot and forgetting to sub in the boundary conditions to find C on the last question? I think I got 6sin3y -18cos3y = tan^-1(3x/2) + c.
Original post by df97
I have pretty much all the same answers! :biggrin: except I think i might've put 69/2-9/2ln3 and also i couldn't do last vectors question and think i butchered vectors part a, got like 4/rt390 lol. For the "....." on last bit does -18x/(4-9x^2)^2 look familiar?

I couldn't really do the last vectors question either, I just kept writing BS till I got an answer so I seriously doubt they're right. That form does look quite similar to what I got but I know what I got was slightly wrong so I put .... instead. You definitley got plenty method marks at least
Reply 490
Original post by mickel_w
last one was 10 marks
3 was the 5 marker i think? Trig quadratic

Cheers, wrong number by me though, I meant the second partial fractions one
For the last question I believe I got -3ycos3y-sin3y=1/6(tan^-1(3x/2))+pi
1466178196675703562780.jpg

There ya go mate, anyone correct me if I'm wrong

Original post by LucasFletcher
Does anyone remember what info they gave you in the half life question?
What do you guys think 66 on C3 and 61 on C4 would be? Do you think that would scrape an A*?
Personal opinion for grade boundaries (Not that people wanted to hear a realistic set of boundaries for PC3...) I think the paper was overall about the same as last years difficulty wise except some of the questions this year wanted a bit more.

This was made using previous years boundaries and comparing the paper to this years

100 UMS - 66
A* - 61
A - 55
B - 49
C - 43
What do you guys think Full UMS will be?
i didn't so i hope not, as long as you stated the values that were true then i dont see why they would, unless the mark scheme is harsh
Original post by -jordan-
I don't think so. You are just asked to find all the values in that range and I think it would be very harsh to do that.
Original post by Mowerharvey
Cos x = 13/35 for me

I got 7/35 which cancelled to 1/5
Reply 498
Original post by Matt309
anyone know how many marks i would loose for attempting the last question(integration) with the wrong value of k? i used k=3

Same here, you'll possibly get all for ecw and maybe lose one at the end for final answer if you got it all right apart from using 3 instead of 6
i think it was the first one? im not sure tbh
Original post by AQslAyy
(e^4)/2 , i got that too- which question was it for lmao?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending