A2 Edexcel Tudor History 1536-88 Help

Watch
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

my exam for Tudors A2 History Edexcel is on Friday and I honestly don't feel like I know anything whatsoever. I don't really understand the knowledge and have little clue on how to structure the exam answers either. I feel like no matter how I revise, I'm going to fail, then fail to get into Uni then be screwed.

If anyone has any electronic notes or how to structure the exam questions, I'd be incredibly grateful.
KatMcG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CTLevers)
Hi,

my exam for Tudors A2 History Edexcel is on Friday and I honestly don't feel like I know anything whatsoever. I don't really understand the knowledge and have little clue on how to structure the exam answers either. I feel like no matter how I revise, I'm going to fail, then fail to get into Uni then be screwed.

If anyone has any electronic notes or how to structure the exam questions, I'd be incredibly grateful.
Hey, I am also doing this exam I have some powerpoint notes on faction, government and religion if you would like these? As for structuring the answers, is it part A or part B you're having trouble with?
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
(Original post by KatMcG)
Hey, I am also doing this exam I have some powerpoint notes on faction, government and religion if you would like these? As for structuring the answers, is it part A or part B you're having trouble with?
Yes, if I could have the powerpoints I'd forever be in your debt ;D and yeah if youcould explain the structure to Part A and B I'd appreciate.
KatMcG
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CTLevers)
Yes, if I could have the powerpoints I'd forever be in your debt ;D and yeah if youcould explain the structure to Part A and B I'd appreciate.

I've attached them, hope they're useful For Part A the best way to structure your answer is to give a brief intro outlining the question, show you know what they're talking about e.g. if it's about faction, define what 'faction' actually means. Ideally have at least 2 'for' paragraphs and 2 'against' paragraphs- include detail to back up your points and if you can, try to mention historical debate and historians views around the topic if it supports what you're saying. Evaluate your answer as you go, don't leave it right until the end of the paragraph. Try and make each paragraph follow a pattern: make your main point, then explain it using evidence and facts, then link it back to the question and show the relevancy of your point at the end. In your conclusion you can briefly sum up your main arguments again but definitely come to a strong judgement on the question.

I haven't had so much practice at Part B, but main things to remember: cross reference the sources, compare and contrast them, don't try and separate them out. Use facts and your own knowledge to explain your argument, you can do this whether you're supporting or arguing against the view posed in the question. Remember that the sources are only opinion and there are lots of interpretations with the rebellions, so don't feel it's wrong to argue against them. Integrate your own knowledge and any facts in the sources as this shows you're going beyond what's simply written in the sources. As with part A, keep linking back to the question, evaluate your answer as you go and come to a strong conclusion at the end. To some extent you can even follow the same kind of formula as part A, with the 2 for paragraphs and 2 against paragraphs, but it does depend on the question.

I've probably waffled loads now haha but hope this helped
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
(Original post by KatMcG)
I've attached them, hope they're useful For Part A the best way to structure your answer is to give a brief intro outlining the question, show you know what they're talking about e.g. if it's about faction, define what 'faction' actually means. Ideally have at least 2 'for' paragraphs and 2 'against' paragraphs- include detail to back up your points and if you can, try to mention historical debate and historians views around the topic if it supports what you're saying. Evaluate your answer as you go, don't leave it right until the end of the paragraph. Try and make each paragraph follow a pattern: make your main point, then explain it using evidence and facts, then link it back to the question and show the relevancy of your point at the end. In your conclusion you can briefly sum up your main arguments again but definitely come to a strong judgement on the question.

I haven't had so much practice at Part B, but main things to remember: cross reference the sources, compare and contrast them, don't try and separate them out. Use facts and your own knowledge to explain your argument, you can do this whether you're supporting or arguing against the view posed in the question. Remember that the sources are only opinion and there are lots of interpretations with the rebellions, so don't feel it's wrong to argue against them. Integrate your own knowledge and any facts in the sources as this shows you're going beyond what's simply written in the sources. As with part A, keep linking back to the question, evaluate your answer as you go and come to a strong conclusion at the end. To some extent you can even follow the same kind of formula as part A, with the 2 for paragraphs and 2 against paragraphs, but it does depend on the question.

I've probably waffled loads now haha but hope this helped

Thank you!!! You are awesome, I owe you one!
Ani_2303
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,

I know it's a bit last minute but I've attached the notes I'm using for tomorrow.

Good Luck! xx
Attached files
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ani_2303)
Hey,

I know it's a bit last minute but I've attached the notes I'm using for tomorrow.

Good Luck! xx
Never too late Thanks
zjk97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys what do you think will come up tomorrow. Im really worried because i have not revised gov finance and foreign policy
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
(Original post by zjk97)
Hey guys what do you think will come up tomorrow. Im really worried because i have not revised gov finance and foreign policy
I have literally no hope in myself tomorrow. I'm looking through my notes and they just aren't going in and/or I find them incredibly boring and drifting to sleep. I'll need some divine intervention for tomorrow :P
zjk97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yh I know how you feel, ive been forcing myself to do work all day. If foreign policy comes up tho 😭😭😭
jjbloomy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,

Good Luck! xx
Thank you for sharing your notes but can't seem to open them
K98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My teachers were saying that they thought in part B threat of the Wyatt's rebellion might come up. This makes sense as it hasn't come up in the past few years.The Northern Rebellion also hasn't come up for a while. For part A i think there will be a question on one/ all of the religious settlements or factions in Henry's final years/ Edward's reign.
Ani_2303
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by K98)
My teachers were saying that they thought in part B threat of the Wyatt's rebellion might come up. This makes sense as it hasn't come up in the past few years.The Northern Rebellion also hasn't come up for a while. For part A i think there will be a question on one/ all of the religious settlements or factions in Henry's final years/ Edward's reign.
I am soooooooo annoyed that neither Wyatts or Northern came up
How did you find the exam?
Ani_2303
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by K98)
I am soooooooo annoyed that neither Wyatts nor Northern came up
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
I'm so incredibly happy with the 40 mark question on Pilgrimage of Grace I was retaking Unit2 so had revised PofG loads!!! The 30 marker wasn't brilliant but I think that was the best 40 marker I have ever done! We planned a question nearly identical in class.

Thank you everyone who was kind enough to share their notes. You were a life saver and if I get into Uni, it's partially your help
K98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am soooooooo annoyed that neither Wyatts nor Northern came up
Didn't mind the part B although hadn't spent too long revising the Pilgrimage of Grace. Thought the part A was very difficult and went for the factions question which was probably a mistake :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads