Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lost passport- What are the chances of getting replaced in 4 days? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm already aware there is a very good chance I will be unable to go on holiday and is entirely my fault.

But I booked a holiday assuming I still had my passport- my housemates wanted to book it immediately when they found it and I wasn't at home at the time but I stupidly agreed that they could do it.

I went to look and couldn't find it, despite having used it a few months earlier and tore apart.
    I cancelled the passport on friday but the advisor told me that I could do the one day service.
    Call up today and find that I can't and can only do the 7 day service! I've booked an appointment for the London office tomorrow as she said it may come before then, but since I can only get 4:15 they say it comes within EIGHT days. That's a complete nightmare really.
    Since I'm meant to be flying at 5am on the Monday and I assume they don't deliver on Sundays, this gives me 4 days.

I've read stories of it coming within 2-4 days and also that they occasionally allow same day collection after some begging (although I don't think same day will be available since my appointment is so late but I would ask if I could possibly pick it up the next day). I have all my documents in order, such as the countersignatory done, filled in my forms and the lost passport has already been cancelled.

Anyone had any experiences getting it quickly or am I doomed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    So I'm already aware there is a very good chance I will be unable to go on holiday and is entirely my fault.

But I booked a holiday assuming I still had my passport- my housemates wanted to book it immediately when they found it and I wasn't at home at the time but I stupidly agreed that they could do it.

I went to look and couldn't find it, despite having used it a few months earlier and tore apart.
    I cancelled the passport on friday but the advisor told me that I could do the one day service.
    Call up today and find that I can't and can only do the 7 day service! I've booked an appointment for the London office tomorrow as she said it may come before then, but since I can only get 4:15 they say it comes within EIGHT days. That's a complete nightmare really.
    Since I'm meant to be flying at 5am on the Monday and I assume they don't deliver on Sundays, this gives me 4 days.

I've read stories of it coming within 2-4 days and also that they occasionally allow same day collection after some begging (although I don't think same day will be available since my appointment is so late but I would ask if I could possibly pick it up the next day). I have all my documents in order, such as the countersignatory done, filled in my forms and the lost passport has already been cancelled.

Anyone had any experiences getting it quickly or am I doomed?
    There is a place in London that can issue it in a day, provided you go there early and provide evidence of your imminent travel.
    My mum had to do it a few years back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    There is a place in London that can issue it in a day, provided you go there early and provide evidence of your imminent travel.
    My mum had to do it a few years back
    They don't offer the one day premium service for replacing passports. I have done the one day service before for my last passport and was hoping to do it again but no such luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    They don't offer the one day premium service for replacing passports. I have done the one day service before for my last passport and was hoping to do it again but no such luck.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    My passport arrived within a few days so it's possible but definitely not guaranteed I'm afraid. Stay positive but don't get your hopes up too much as you may be disappointed really hope you get it on time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to work for the HMPO advice line and unless its changed you're looking at 4-8 days for it to arrive. In rare cases it can arrive within 3 days and last I checked delivery was 7 days a week so could arrive sunday too.

ReputationRep:
    I got a text saying it was on its way yesterday and received it this morning! So relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.