Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well basically I got my first assignment back today and I got 52% which I'm abit annoyed at really. I wasn't expecting it to be so low. I know I've passed and I should be happy but I'm annoyed with myself. Is 52% a good mark for first time or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes - that's a 2.2 right? Still good for a first assignment. At the very start of university I missed a lot of lectures and got a 3rd on my first assignment with some very harsh feedback - I felt like dropping out. Now I'm in second year and on track for a first.

Use it as motivation to do better. Take all the feedback on board and if you need any clarification get in touch with the tutor. With coming assignments get as much help from lecturers as you need - it's part of their job and you're paying to be there so may as well make the most of it. Have faith in yourself that you can and will do better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Yes - that's a 2.2 right? Still good for a first assignment. At the very start of university I missed a lot of lectures and got a 3rd on my first assignment with some very harsh feedback - I felt like dropping out. Now I'm in second year and on track for a first.

Use it as motivation to do better. Take all the feedback on board and if you need any clarification get in touch with the tutor. With coming assignments get as much help from lecturers as you need - it's part of their job and you're paying to be there so may as well make the most of it. Have faith in yourself that you can and will do better!
    Thanks for your reply. My feedback has no negatives at all. Only think is that I didn't use the same font for my reference list so she marked me down quite significantly because I "clearly hadn't proof read" which I definitely did. I don't want a re mark or anything like that but I have nothing else to go off. She's said its excellent but not given me an excellent mark. Just think it's unfair just over the font. I've emailed my home tutor anyway just to see what she thinks. I really want to do well for my own personal reasons if that makes sense. I've never done well at anything. At school I was a drop out I only just got through college. This I'm really trying X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My dad did a maths degree and forgot a number on one of his appendices, he ended up just missing getting a 1st! If it helps, and if you're able, can you see if someone can offer to proof the next for you?

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a good mark, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

First year is there for you to learn how to write academically, and learn how to write essays which get 70 plus.

As long as you got good feedback, take it on board and look to improve for your next essay, it's not a bad thing.

Your first year marks don't count towards your grade, but obviously by the end of the year you want to be confident you can get the good marks going into second year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.