Is it still possible for me to get an A* overall? (A-Level)

Watch
KatMcG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

My uni offer is A*AA and I'm doing english lit, history and french. On track for A* in english lit, but I'm not going to get an A in french (worked it out and would still be 5 marks off an A overall, even if I didn't drop any in my A2 exam next week which I'm gutted about). I want to know if it's possible to get an A* in History as well as English so I'd get A*A*B- this would still get me into my first choice uni. So with the following numbers, is it still possible for me to get an A*?

I'm doing Edexcel History (old spec):

AS (2 Units, civil/Mao and Tudors) : I got 82% in Civil rights/Mao and I've now retaken Tudors, *hopefully* this will be 80% or above for an A overall at AS.

A2 (coursework and exam): I got 88% in my coursework; does this mean I would have to get 92% or above in my A2 Tudors exam to average 90% overall for the exam?

If anyone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated, thankyou
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KatMcG)
Hi,

My uni offer is A*AA and I'm doing english lit, history and french. On track for A* in english lit, but I'm not going to get an A in french (worked it out and would still be 5 marks off an A overall, even if I didn't drop any in my A2 exam next week which I'm gutted about). I want to know if it's possible to get an A* in History as well as English so I'd get A*A*B- this would still get me into my first choice uni. So with the following numbers, is it still possible for me to get an A*?

I'm doing Edexcel History (old spec):

AS (2 Units, civil/Mao and Tudors) : I got 82% in Civil rights/Mao and I've now retaken Tudors, *hopefully* this will be 80% or above for an A overall at AS.

A2 (coursework and exam): I got 88% in my coursework; does this mean I would have to get 92% or above in my A2 Tudors exam to average 90% overall for the exam?

If anyone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated, thankyou
Is this your spec? I can't quite tell, as the content doesn't seem to match up with your topics.

Anyway, on the off chance that it is, the coursework is 40% and the exam is 60%, and you need your A2 marks to be 90 or greater on average. So you'd want 88*0.4 + marks * 0.6 > 90, so you'd need to get 91.333% or greater in your other exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads