Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel useless and vunerable because of my size Watch

I was driving home at 11pm last night and was stopped at some red lights. Some men/lads came wondering in the middle of the rode, we're looking towards my car then I heard one of them say 'Oi should we hijack this *****' then they just kind of lingered and wondered off. I hate being called a ***** it's just like a way to put women down but anyway why was I a ***** for just sitting in my own ****ing car. It just makes me dislike myself in a way as I'm only 5ft, want to be independant but feel useless because I'm small. Do any of you girls (or other lads) worry about being attacked/punched or whatever when out and about ? I just feel absolute useless, I keep fit and lift weights but it's just my size it seems people can say what they want to me and I hate it.

I feel the same. I'm average height, but big, and it makes me something of a target. People have chased me down streets in the dark just to scare me, and all sorts like that. I think most people, at least at some point or another, feel this way. There's always gonna be some idiots out there that think they're above you and will want to try and show it. You stayed put. Just because you didn't leap out of your car to beat them to the ground doesn't mean you didn't stand your ground. I think that's very brave and strong. It's definitely something I worry about, especially when I'm alone, and it's something almost all of my friends have talked about too. You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, people have tried to rob me before, but I grew up near Da hood, and most these tough guys Do not, find it kinda funny when they were trying to rob me, since i knew both time, they werent going to do ****. I know a good amount of people from primary and secondary school, who are in gangs right now ... so I'd like to think im pretty safe in most places.
    I used to be a decent runner as well, and i honestly was a pretty dirty fighter. Honestly nothing really scares me that much; im sure i can talk my way out of anything, if not then i welcome the sweet embrace of death. No one has ever really threatened me and ive been around crack heads at 2 AM in the night, im not the strongest looking guy out there. Most people are pretty nice and cool if im being honest.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel the same. I'm average height, but big, and it makes me something of a target. People have chased me down streets in the dark just to scare me, and all sorts like that. I think most people, at least at some point or another, feel this way. There's always gonna be some idiots out there that think they're above you and will want to try and show it. You stayed put. Just because you didn't leap out of your car to beat them to the ground doesn't mean you didn't stand your ground. I think that's very brave and strong. It's definitely something I worry about, especially when I'm alone, and it's something almost all of my friends have talked about too. You're not alone.
    well I probably would have been off if the lights weren't on red lol, in fact there was hardly any traffic around I was thinking of just driving through them. Chasing down streets is scary I mean I can run but no faster than 15 seconds for 100m lol. I worry when out on runs too it's like I can't enjoy the quiet countryside by myself (I like running alone) I always end up running along roads where it's 'safe'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.