Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got accepted to study ML course in UCL this autumn. At the same time, I also got an offer from another European country with no tuition fee. I am confused where to pursue my master degree now. UCL's reputation is much higher than another one, but I thought its intensive 1 year couse seems quite short for me to study and settle myself in London. So, I am wondering is it possible to get a machine learning job as an international student in London right after graduation from UCL? Or can I get summer internship during the vacation or after finishing the course in June? Do many graduates get their job in computer science field after finishing their degree?

Thank you for any advice!

ReputationRep:
    The course doesn't finish in June. All CS masters at UCL have a thesis which one is meant to do during the Summer to hand in early September.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I thought that it will finish in June because UCL accomodation is for just 9 months. Thanks for the new information Don't you know anything else about the CS course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soboro)
    Oh, I thought that it will finish in June because UCL accomodation is for just 9 months. Thanks for the new information Don't you know anything else about the CS course?
    Are you sure that isn't for undergrads?

Well, considering the average salary is quite high, a fair amount higher than the other UCL CS masters, I would assume the prospects are decent.
    EmployabilityMachine Learning graduate destinations:
    • IBM
    • Cisco
    • Dunhmuby
    • Xerox
    Machine Learning graduate roles:
    • Investment Analyst
    • Security Analyst
    • R&D
    • Software Developer
    Further study destinations:
    • UCL
    • University of Helsinki
    • Cranfield University
    Average starting salary £45,000 (Graduate Surveys, January 2015).

ReputationRep:
    soboro

Hi soboro,

when did you apply for UCL and how long did you have to wait until you got your acceptance mail?

I applied late April and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HD125823)
    soboro

Hi soboro,

when did you apply for UCL and how long did you have to wait until you got your acceptance mail?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi. I applied on January and got an offer after about 5-6 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HD125823)
    soboro

Hi soboro,

Thanks in advance.
    It took me close to 3 months to get an offer, maybe a couple of weeks less. Remember, no news is good news, it means that you are still in the system.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.