Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can someone pls explain what a barr body is in details .... is it present due to a genetic disease or is it meant to be present in all females????

pls answer asap my exam is in a couple of hours
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    A Barr body is a normal occurance in a female. Basically it is one of the X chromosomes being silenced to prevent over expression of proteins encoded by genes found there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you managed to see this before your exam. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me on question 4c please http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-QP-JUN14.PDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Someone please help me on question 4c please http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-QP-JUN14.PDF
    90 cm3 per kg per hour is the oxygen demand.

The mass of fish is 0.4 kg, reducing the oxygen demand to 90 x 0.4 = 36 cm3 per hour

The volume of oxygen absorbed per dm3 of water is 7 cm3.

This means 36/7 = 5.14 dm3 of water needed to supply this (per hour)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioevangelist)
    90 cm3 per kg per hour is the oxygen demand.

The mass of fish is 0.4 kg, reducing the oxygen demand to 90 x 0.4 = 36 cm3 per hour

The volume of oxygen absorbed per dm3 of water is 7 cm3.

This means 36/7 = 5.14 dm3 of water needed to supply this (per hour)
    And for the last bit. Increasing temperature reduces the solubility of gases in water. The higher the temperature the less oxygen dissolves in water. This means more water would need to flow over the gills to supply the same amount of oxygen to the fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    I'm glad you managed to see this before your exam. Best of luck.
    hahah thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.