Comp2 Resit June 2016

Watch this thread
KnightCode
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey guys!
This is a thread to discuss the exam next week,week starting 13th.
feel free to post resources that might help
and
i'm totally up to start a whatsapp group for this exams!
AiMathComp1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
What will your whats app group be called and do you have any old papers that are not available on the AQA websites , Do you mind making a list of topics that will be very important for this exam . Thank you
Teee123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KnightCode)
hey guys!
and
Sounds good bro, I also wouldn't mind that COMP3 booklet that you were talking about earlier aha
Lewis7_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
hey guys!
and

As the guy above me said, could I get a copy of the comp 3 booklet? Cheers!
KnightCode
Rep:
We should be focusing on Comp3 guys haha xD , I'm currently writing up a comp2 booklet
but my comp3 booklet link :
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...comp3-revision

once i finish my comp2 booklet, i will share
KnightCode
Rep:
(Original post by AiMathComp1998)
What will your whats app group be called and do you have any old papers that are not available on the AQA websites , Do you mind making a list of topics that will be very important for this exam . Thank you
Depends on how many people want to do the whatsapp group.

I tried making a list of topics but i can't tbh, every topic is always asked most of the time.
So revise everything literally and tbh I find De Morgan's Law soo hard. Revise for long mark questions about Internet, know how to code a CSS or HTML design and draw them. Learn all the hardwares , TCP/IP , Different generations of programming, so literally everything !
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Depends on how many people want to do the whatsapp group.

I tried making a list of topics but i can't tbh, every topic is always asked most of the time.
So revise everything literally and tbh I find De Morgan's Law soo hard. Revise for long mark questions about Internet, know how to code a CSS or HTML design and draw them. Learn all the hardwares , TCP/IP , Different generations of programming, so literally everything !
Thank you , do you have any of the old papers of comp2 available that is not on the aqa websites .
KnightCode
Rep:
Thank you , do you have any of the old papers of comp2 available that is not on the aqa websites .
Enjoy these Question Papers ;;;
KnightCode
Rep:
and Answers to those cute babies (Question Papers)
Teee123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Lad!
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for this, as Teee123 said you are a Lad !!! This should keep me occupied until the exams .
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
KnightCode , if you have time , would you mind giving us access to the comp 3 old past papers as well . It will be really helpful , thank you
KnightCode
Rep:
KnightCode , if you have time , would you mind giving us access to the comp 3 old past papers as well . It will be really helpful , thank you
haven't been able to find any sorry. The sites got taken down. When i finish some i will share.

I found a comp3 booklet which isn't mine but if you use my booklet and this booklet and the latest paper papers, you should easily get an A or A*

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13683817621866
KnightCode
Rep:
Holy ****, there is a site that keeps an archive of old sites omg.
It has an archive of the AQA computing site in the year 2013-14 so we can access more papers.

here : http://web.archive.org/web/201410231...d-mark-schemes
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Holy ****, there is a site that keeps an archive of old sites omg.
It has an archive of the AQA computing site in the year 2013-14 so we can access more papers.

here : http://web.archive.org/web/201410231...d-mark-schemes
Thank you so much KnightCode !!!!!!!
Teee123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How in depth do you think we have learn about Input and Output Devices like mouse, printer etc? I'm revising it now but it just seems so long and there are so many devices we have to know about.
KnightCode
Rep:
(Original post by Teee123)
How in depth do you think we have learn about Input and Output Devices like mouse, printer etc? I'm revising it now but it just seems so long and there are so many devices we have to know about.
I recommend the list of devices that AQA has supplied and revise all the devices that have come in previous exams
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You might prefer writing each device on youtube and seeing how it works , it is kind of interesting and it stays in your head . But stick with the method that you are more used to !!!
AiMathComp1998
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I recommend the list of devices that AQA has supplied and revise all the devices that have come in previous exams
I think there are less people sitting comp 2 then comp1 . Also true AQA will chuck us a random question we have never seen but they will never go out of the spec that they created.
RedRum99
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
There's usually a six mark question on one of these so I would guess just make sure you can describe one to that standard.
But yeh they're such a pain, especially printers....damn Inkjet printers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (91)
41.94%
They're exactly what I expected (52)
23.96%