Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unconditional offers from Universities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone here who obtained unconditional offers to do a undergraduate course could tell me any specific/special things they achieved to get it. Much thanks

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way to get an unconditional is to apply after receiving your A level grades. Failing that they're as rare as rocking horse ****- the only way to get one in this case would be to really impress an interviewer, or possibly bribery - there are no hard rules towards getting one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    The easiest way to get an unconditional is to apply after receiving your A level grades. Failing that they're as rare as rocking horse ****- the only way to get one in this case would be to really impress an interviewer, or possibly bribery - there are no hard rules towards getting one.
    True, youd have to have an absolutely phenomenal list of EC activities and the eloquence of plato during the interview to get one pre qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you've done scotish highers, you can often get an unconditional. If you haven't done your a levels yet, you'll have a job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Also, if you've done scotish highers, you can often get an unconditional. If you haven't done your a levels yet, you'll have a job!
    Thats possibly the greatest benefit of the scottish system. So many people in my school simply worked really hard on 5th year, then had a party for the entire of 6th year as theyd got all or nearly all the qualifications they required.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anything special except studying in Scotland. Scottish Highers are "proper" stand-alone qualifications (unlike AS) so with a good set of Highers unconditional offers are very common. I got AAAAA in my Highers, and all but one of my offers (Oxford) were unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    i got one
    and i just did my a levels

dunno why
    but i did. maybe cos i got full marks in an a/s level

i do f**k all tho, no ec stuff. lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got AAAB at Higher level and got unconditional offers from St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling. It's great cos now I don't have to worry too much about my results. I worked quite hard in my last year but bcos I wanted to rather than having to, which I liked.

ReputationRep:
    Some places are really liberal with them, like Christ's college Cambridge apparently.

Do EE offers count as unconditional?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Do EE offers count as unconditional?!? :confused:
    Not technically but I'd say so. And you got three of them!

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    Not technically but I'd say so. And you got three of them!
    Quite scary how well you know my application now!!! I think I should research yours just to keep myself on level terms!!!

ReputationRep:
    Quite scary how well you know my application now!!! I think I should research yours just to keep myself on level terms!!!
    Lol, I just have a good memory (except when it comes to remembering things for my exams - I know loads of useless facts but nothing about AS level history or geography it would seem!)

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol, I just have a good memory (except when it comes to remembering things for my exams - I know loads of useless facts but nothing about AS level history or geography it would seem!)
    Finally someone who understands my problem!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You got 3 EE offers? Wow! :eek:

(Original post by Acaila)
    You got 3 EE offers? Wow! :eek:
    Luck as opposed to design!!!

ReputationRep:
    Luck as opposed to design!!!
    Geez! That's fantastic! Where were they from?
    My senior got an EE for History at Royal Holloway.

(Original post by lilsunflower)
    Geez! That's fantastic! Where were they from?
    My senior got an EE for History at Royal Holloway.
    UEA, Loughborough and Durham.

Senior?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    From Durham?! Wow!

{bows down to Leekey's uber-brainpower}

(Original post by Acaila)
    From Durham?! Wow!

{bows down to Leekey's uber-brainpower}
    Superior brainpower implies that I will get something other than a D in maths!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.