Turn on thread page Beta

Unconditional offers from Universities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    UEA, Loughborough and Durham.

Senior?!? :confused:
    I'm envious now but good for you, it's wonderful to know that you're in demand.

Btw, which did you end up choosing? You're evidently very wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I read in a Department memo here (Essex) that the Admissions Office will apparently not allow the departmental Admissions Tutors to give out unconditional offers for people who haven't finished their A-levels yet - even if the Deparment would like to.

(Original post by lilsunflower)
    Btw, which did you end up choosing? You're evidently very wanted.
    I'm (maths grade willing) going to Edinburgh in September to study CompSci and Electronics. I actually rejected my initial 6 choices offers and ended up applying to Edinburgh after rejecting them.

(Original post by tommyboy)
    I read in a Department memo here (Essex) that the Admissions Office will apparently not allow the departmental Admissions Tutors to give out unconditional offers for people who haven't finished their A-levels yet - even if the Deparment would like to.
    They can however make them stupidly low offers which might as well be unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    I want an EE offer *grumbles*

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    I want an EE offer *grumbles*
    You don't really need one though, your going to be polishing off your A's on 19th August anyway!!!

ReputationRep:
    Superior brainpower implies that I will get something other than a D in maths!!!
    My friend's brother got an unconditional offer from Aberdeen for geology when he got full marks in his geog AS.

He wanted to go to durham though, but they rejected him because he got AAAD for his a-levels (the D in maths) when they wanted at least a C...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    You don't really need one though, your going to be polishing off your A's on 19th August anyway!!!
    Don't tempt fate Leekey...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.