Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, well, i know there are a lot of international students who'll go to Imperial. I'm from luxembourg so I would like to know some german or french people going to Imperial, perhaps even doing MSci Physics (with year in europe) as I do. I don't want to forget those languages by not using them any more. I know that i should improve my english as well as it is my 4. language but i think i couldn't survive the monotonie of using only one language a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freeze77)
    ok, well, i know there are a lot of international students who'll go to Imperial. I'm from luxembourg so I would like to know some german or french people going to Imperial, perhaps even doing MSci Physics (with year in europe) as I do. I don't want to forget those languages by not using them any more. I know that i should improve my english as well as it is my 4. language but i think i couldn't survive the monotonie of using only one language a day.
    Nice to meet you.. your English sounds pretty good. I've just been thinking... you know how most of the American universities have fraternities/sororities, how come UK unis seem to be lacking them? I'm not critisizing British unis, but this question has been bothering me for a long time...

Oh yeah.. let me introduce myself... I'm Malaysian, 18, male, hold a conditional offer for Biomedical Engineering and hope I get to go in... My exam results were just one grade off the offer given, so I'm praying that they will still accept me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Freeze I am a French student who is likely to go to Imperial, provided that i get accepted by them. Nevertheless I don't really know why they wouldn't accept me, since I have successfully met their condition.
    Today I sent them a fax and even a letter with the certified copies of my French Baccalaureate's results. I hope that they will send me an Unconditional Offer as soon as possible.

i'm really looking forward to seeing you guys. Just waiting...And it's difficult to wait when you're so impatient. just tell me Freeze do you speak French?

ReputationRep:
    Poseidon!! How come you didn't ask me if I spoke French? Oui, je parle le Francais. Je suis Malaisien, mais J'ai etude le Francais pour 3 ans.

ReputationRep:
    woohoo, go pit go pit
    euroschool brats rule

ReputationRep:
    Ohh sorry boonkoh
    I'm glad that you speak french. So any other international students going to Imperial in october?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaka)
    woohoo, go pit go pit
    euroschool brats rule
    yeah jamie, we know you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poseidon)
    Hi Freeze I am a French student who is likely to go to Imperial, provided that i get accepted by them. Nevertheless I don't really know why they wouldn't accept me, since I have successfully met their condition.
    Today I sent them a fax and even a letter with the certified copies of my French Baccalaureate's results. I hope that they will send me an Unconditional Offer as soon as possible.

i'm really looking forward to seeing you guys. Just waiting...And it's difficult to wait when you're so impatient. just tell me Freeze do you speak French?
    Salut, oui je parle francais, j'avais meme mon bac oral en francais aujourd'hui. Tu viends d'où? Paris?

ReputationRep:
    Euh Freeze i think that we shouldn't write in French here, cause it's an english forum. however I am not against using some French words

Salut Freeze je suis content que tu parles le français aussi. Si je suis accepté à L'Imperial j'espère vraiment te voir . C'est bien que tu aies passé ton oral en français!! Tu me diras la note que tu as eue. Sinon oui je viens de Paris, c'est pas aussi grand que Londres mais c'est vraiment une ville magnifique :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i think imperial has the biggest intake of international students compared to other uni's in the uk, so all international students should feel at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyte)
    i think imperial has the biggest intake of international students compared to other uni's in the uk, so all international students should feel at home
    yeah, they even take us Brummies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poseidon)
    Euh Freeze i think that we shouldn't write in French here, cause it's an english forum. however I am not against using some French words

Salut Freeze je suis content que tu parles le français aussi. Si je suis accepté à L'Imperial j'espère vraiment te voir . C'est bien que tu aies passé ton oral en français!! Tu me diras la note que tu as eue. Sinon oui je viens de Paris, c'est pas aussi grand que Londres mais c'est vraiment une ville magnifique :cool:
    I'm shocked that I can still decode some of that French! I haven't looked at it since GCSE. I suck at languages

ReputationRep:
    okok, i won't talk any more french in here anyway the best language or the nicest is italian. i did it two years in school and i can stil speak it a bit.
    spero che vengo a londra l'anno prossimo perche mi piace la città, la gente e posso anche fare questo che mi piace: la fisica.

ReputationRep:
    hey any chinese??
    i m from hong kong lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cis)
    hey any chinese??
    i m from hong kong lol.
    There'll be tons, it's london! Actually you get lots of chinese people wherever you go in the UK now

ReputationRep:
    Ni hao ma? Wo shi ma lai si a ren.

Sorry about using pin yin... I don't have the chinese writing software installed, and really can't be bothered to. But I do speak good chinese, and my written chinese is not too bad.

As Mysticmin mentioned, there will be alot of Chinese people at Imperial and London in general. The Chinatown is pretty cool.. although a bowl of noodles there now cost 5 pounds (back home in Malaysia, I could get the exact same bowl of noodles for less than 50 pence).

Anyways, hope to meet you there... I'm hoping to brush up my spoken and written chinese at uni, as I think it would really come in handy when trying to find jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boonkoh)
    Ni hao ma? Wo shi ma lai si a ren.

Sorry about using pin yin... I don't have the chinese writing software installed, and really can't be bothered to. But I do speak good chinese, and my written chinese is not too bad.

As Mysticmin mentioned, there will be alot of Chinese people at Imperial and London in general. The Chinatown is pretty cool.. although a bowl of noodles there now cost 5 pounds (back home in Malaysia, I could get the exact same bowl of noodles for less than 50 pence).

Anyways, hope to meet you there... I'm hoping to brush up my spoken and written chinese at uni, as I think it would really come in handy when trying to find jobs.
    Ni hao! Ni hui shuo pu tong hua! Wo shi si chuan ren. Wo hui shuo zhong wen, dan shi wo bu hui xie.

Actually my reading sucks as well! I came to england when I was four, and I didn't lie when I proclaimed how bad I was at learning languages. I need to continue learning!

ReputationRep:
    Hello Min

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Hello Min
    Hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Hey
    When you off?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.