MSc Water and Environmental Management

Watch
Billbr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all

So I've just finished my 2nd year on exchange (home inst. is Plymouth), achieved a 4.0 GPA during my time in CO which counts to my overall degree, and would hope to be achieving a 1st, or 2:1 overall. I'd describe myself as an outgoing student, (student rep, multiple charity events, went on exchange, very driven and self motivated, sure I'll get 2 good refs etc.) So my question is, will I be able to land a spot in the masters program at Bristol, or have my previous grades let me down? I didn't do so well at A-Levels for a variety of reasons, but mainly my laziness and distractions, but feel I have improved tenfold academically and become a much better student, doing a lot of extra work to try and improve my application, a couple of journal article summaries a week to show, things like that..

Of course I know there are a lot of factors that go into every application, and I'm not expecting a solid answer, just whether its worth me even applying?

Cheers
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you meet the entry requirements then apply. If not and you think your application is strong, email admissions and see how they will view you. No one on here can tell you that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads