The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE A451 Computing HELP!

Are we meant to know about ER diagrams in for the exam tomorrow? Also what is the difference betwee colour depth and bit depth of an image? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
I hope not because I don't have a f*cking clue what that is! Might as well learn it anyway..
Original post by NextGenRemix
Are we meant to know about ER diagrams in for the exam tomorrow? Also what is the difference betwee colour depth and bit depth of an image? Thanks

I think we do need to know ER diagrams, but they wont be complex (just know how to draw one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many relationships). Colour & bit depth is the same: number of bits used to represent the colour of a pixel
(edited 7 years ago)
ahhh guys i have 4 exams tomrw! idk how to revise for so manyyyy
I started revising on wednesday lol but i am only 80% through geo and not a single touch on computing
Reply 4
Original post by rayestar
ahhh guys i have 4 exams tomrw! idk how to revise for so manyyyy
I started revising on wednesday lol but i am only 80% through geo and not a single touch on computing

Same lol, have done nearly no computing revision and only done german past papers, but i think i will be OK in geography.

In my Computing mock i got an E so its not looking good:smile:.
Original post by Obnox
Same lol, have done nearly no computing revision and only done german past papers, but i think i will be OK in geography.

lool we're on the same boat. I'm really worried about geo cos I wanna get an A* . my computing mock was a C altho i am predicted an A haha :biggrin:
Reply 6
lool we're on the same boat. I'm really worried about geo cos I wanna get an A* . my computing mock was a C altho i am predicted an A haha :biggrin:

I just want to pass lol, ive found a really good source of revision though using Computer Science Tutor on Youtube. Already learnt more than i did in school its really useful:h:
Original post by Obnox
I just want to pass lol, ive found a really good source of revision though using Computer Science Tutor on Youtube. Already learnt more than i did in school its really useful:h:

lol i heard it's really good! does it cover everything on spec?
Reply 8
lol i heard it's really good! does it cover everything on spec?

So far yes in good detail as well.
Original post by Obnox

If you did really well on the coursework then you shouldn't really be worrying... 60% of Computing is Coursework and 40% is exam.. I got 2 A*'s for my computing coursework and a D in my mock ...
Colour depth = Bit Depth
Reply 11
Original post by 1990jo123
If you did really well on the coursework then you shouldn't really be worrying... 60% of Computing is Coursework and 40% is exam.. I got 2 A*'s for my computing coursework and a D in my mock ...

I got an A and i dont know the other one, but it was probably around a C, so not too good.
Original post by Obnox

I only do German and Computing but the thing is, the teacher hasn't even be able to taught the vocab as we only got him as the new teacher this year and like we only started coursework and of course completed it, leaving no time for the learning, so I'm struggling, any tips? I do higher reading , I'd rather get an A* in this and foundation in listening as everyone's predicted an F except me woo..
Computing, I just don't even know, I got an E in the mock exam but the coursework [ both A*] pulled it up to a C. But again I want to achieve an A* or A in this ,so...... all nighter tonight.
Reply 13
Original post by zarahades
I only do German and Computing but the thing is, the teacher hasn't even be able to taught the vocab as we only got him as the new teacher this year and like we only started coursework and of course completed it, leaving no time for the learning, so I'm struggling, any tips? I do higher reading , I'd rather get an A* in this and foundation in listening as everyone's predicted an F except me woo..
Computing, I just don't even know, I got an E in the mock exam but the coursework [ both A*] pulled it up to a C. But again I want to achieve an A* or A in this ,so...... all nighter tonight.

I have nearly full UMS German coursework which might help me get an A as it pulls you up a lot of grades. For Computing, Im just going to cram as much as possible on the topics im bad at and try to pick up marks on the easy topics like binary, logic gates and the CPU, stuff like that.

I have Geography tomorrow as well which is just an extra burden tbh...
Original post by Obnox
I have nearly full UMS German coursework which might help me get an A as it pulls you up a lot of grades. For Computing, Im just going to cram as much as possible on the topics im bad at and try to pick up marks on the easy topics like binary, logic gates and the CPU, stuff like that.

I have Geography tomorrow as well which is just an extra burden tbh...

That is so good, I got 45/60 for UMS but I'm not sure what grade it is,I'm still assuming it's a B and I see, but like on the mock I did revise but I got an E so I still don't think I'm revising this right.. how do you revise computing anyway?
and good luck for all these exams and I feel sorry for you haha
Reply 15
Original post by zarahades
That is so good, I got 45/60 for UMS but I'm not sure what grade it is,I'm still assuming it's a B and I see, but like on the mock I did revise but I got an E so I still don't think I'm revising this right.. how do you revise computing anyway?
and good luck for all these exams and I feel sorry for you haha

Im looking at Youtube videos by this person called Computer Science Tutor ( I would recommend) and I have a textbook for things i need to look at in detail. I feel like past papers dont really help in Computing as i dont know anything in the first place :redface:.
Original post by Obnox
Im looking at Youtube videos by this person called Computer Science Tutor ( I would recommend) and I have a textbook for things i need to look at in detail. I feel like past papers dont really help in Computing as i dont know anything in the first place :redface:.

lol yeah same, they r unlikely to ask the same questions either too :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest