Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crush & best friend are together, and live right next door. Watch

I don't know what to do. I've been in love with a girl for the past 3 years - we were romantically involved for one of those years, but it ended because things got messy. Following that things were good, but a couple months later she and my best friend started to get close. As of last night they are now together, and I feel devastated and sick. What is even worse is that they live right next door to me in my university halls - she is literally in the next room on one side and he is in the next room on the other. So it will be right in my face and I have no way of escaping it.

Any advice on how to deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    It "got messy" between you and her so it's not like it'll ever tidy up. Forget about it. If you really need to, just move halls

ReputationRep:
    Did your best friend know that you still loved her lol because if he did and still got with her that's kinda deep

But yeah, unless it seems like she's trying to make you jealous or something to get you back you should try to move on (which I know is easier said than done but it's better than feeling crappy about it all the time)

Does your 'friend' know that you're still in love with her? If he doesn't then you should definitely tell him because it's not fair to you, then he can make the decision about what to do. If he does already know then he's obviously not a very good friend (going out with your best friends ex even if you still didn't have feelings for her is bad enough, there's like a 'bro code' on this sort of thing). So you're going to have to make the decision on whether you want to remain friends with him and if you think you can out up with seeing them together all the time which must be very hard, I know.

He probably does know the I love her - I have not explicitly said but it is obvious in the way I act, and he knows our history. He likes her as well I believe, and has done for awhile - so I can see why he would give in when she made a move. But it is really hurting me. I am trying to avoid them as best I can but this means that I am literally avoiding leaving my room, even to get a drink or something, because I don't want to run into them/hear them. I have spoken to her as she knows how upset this has made me, but I haven't spoken to him and honestly don't wish to. I feel cheated and lost.

ReputationRep:
    what happened to bros before hoes??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He probably does know the I love her - I have not explicitly said but it is obvious in the way I act, and he knows our history. He likes her as well I believe, and has done for awhile - so I can see why he would give in when she made a move. But it is really hurting me. I am trying to avoid them as best I can but this means that I am literally avoiding leaving my room, even to get a drink or something, because I don't want to run into them/hear them. I have spoken to her as she knows how upset this has made me, but I haven't spoken to him and honestly don't wish to. I feel cheated and lost.
    TBF if she knows he's your friend and knows how upset you are and hasn't tried to do anything to help (even if that just means them going somewhere else to be together for a while) then that's kind of a **** move and she isn't worth it
    Bros before hoes, tell him and if he doesn't do anything to at least make you feel a bit better then screw them both and find some new people to chill with buddy

ReputationRep:
    They both sound like a pair of crap people you don't need in your life. Ask if you can move room (they'll probably have a spare you can swap to) and forget either of them exist. Problem solved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.