Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To any current Imperial medical students,
    Can anyone tell me what books are on the summer reading list we get before we start? I'm (hopefully) off to imperial in October and I'm curious
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Dinosaur MD)
    To any current Imperial medical students,
    Can anyone tell me what books are on the summer reading list we get before we start? I'm (hopefully) off to imperial in October and I'm curious
    Thanks

Heya, I've moved this to the ICL forum for you hopefully you get some replies here. If not, it's worth contacting admissions or the medical department yourself. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Heya, I've moved this to the ICL forum for you hopefully you get some replies here. If not, it's worth contacting admissions or the medical department yourself. Best of luck
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Eh, there's no summer reading persay. They ease you into it really gently as biology is not a requirement at A Level, but the first term is almost entirely A Level biology based.

If you're desperate, Essential Cell Biology is the book which Molecules, Cells and Disease is based on - but there are copies in the library + it's a monster of a book to just 'read'.

Honestly, have fun and enjoy the summer. You won't be at any disadvantage by not doing any reading, unless you didn't do biology A level, in which case I recommend you get Essential Cell biology and work your way through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshton)
    Eh, there's no summer reading persay. They ease you into it really gently as biology is not a requirement at A Level, but the first term is almost entirely A Level biology based.

If you're desperate, Essential Cell Biology is the book which Molecules, Cells and Disease is based on - but there are copies in the library + it's a monster of a book to just 'read'.

Honestly, have fun and enjoy the summer. You won't be at any disadvantage by not doing any reading, unless you didn't do biology A level, in which case I recommend you get Essential Cell biology and work your way through it.
    Thanks- I'd heard that we had to finish a list of books, you've taken a weight off my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinosaur MD)
    Thanks- I'd heard that we had to finish a list of books, you've taken a weight off my mind
    Eh, not as far as I'm aware. There might be a recommended reading list, but you wouldn't necessarily be at a disadvantage. Anything of importance will be taught formally in lectures/tutorials.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.