Plane + America power supplys

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Could anybody help me with sorting out what sort of power supply/ leads i would need to plug in a laptop in the US and on an aeroplane?? Links to one on amazon would be great
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not sure about planes, but in the USA they have different voltage (120v) usualy so you would need a stepup transformer so your laptop power supply gets the required 240v input. Some power supplys are auto switching which means it will detect the voltage. Check the input voltage if it says 110v-250v~ then all you need is is an american power adaptor that www.maplin.co.uk will sell. If it requires 240v then you will need a special transformer or buy an american power supply for you laptop.
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
laptop power supplies are normally only provided in buisness/first class - at least on the carriers that I use. As i have never needed to use on on board I don't know for sure but either you could buy one from the crew or you would be given one - depending on the airline.
HTH
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Not sure about planes, but in the USA they have different voltage (120v) usualy so you would need a stepup transformer so your laptop power supply gets the required 240v input. Some power supplys are auto switching which means it will detect the voltage. Check the input voltage if it says 110v-250v~ then all you need is is an american power adaptor that www.maplin.co.uk will sell. If it requires 240v then you will need a special transformer or buy an american power supply for you laptop.
ok tx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads