Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone finding it hard to revise whilst fasting! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I CANT BLOODY CONCENTRATE. i am going to fail my exams and end up with DDD at this rate. I cant get my mind to focus and do the damn work its so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrinaa1234)
    I CANT BLOODY CONCENTRATE. i am going to fail my exams and end up with DDD at this rate. I cant get my mind to focus and do the damn work its so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If youre doing A levels, I dont think you should fast until after exams. This is going to affect the rest of your life so...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't want to say whether you should fast or not but you need a high blood sugar level when revising so it's common to feel fatigued. You may want to have avocados for sahari as it has healthy fats which increase your powers of concentration.

ReputationRep:
    I got a lot of Muslim friends and what they tend to do during Ramadan is do the bulk of their revision whilst they aren't fasting e.g. After sunset. They usually end up staying awake till like 4am when they break the fast and revise till then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't beat a nice bacon butty when revising for exams. Yum.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can concentrate just fine in revision/exams, in fact revision passes time until iftar for me so i feel less tired/hungry. But if you cant concentrate, then like Sajjjid said, i defo wouldnt recommend fasting. Just make up the days afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that hard for me to revise in Ramadan, I just do all my revision in night time and early morning when I'm not hungry

ReputationRep:
    Then don't fast. God isn't real anyway, so you efforts are meaningless and wasted.

ReputationRep:
    What I do is it I find it hard to concentrate at home as I'm constantly thinking "I'm fasting it's ok if I nap" but I force myself to go to the study centre in town where it's silent and you can't talk so you are forced to work. Yesterday, I went to bed at 3am; woke up at 8 to go to the study centre at 10 and worked solid until 4 at which point I came home and had a nap xD. I wouldn't recommend staying up late unless you can nap later on but I find napping really helps as you get so much more energy and then can concerntrate more on work.

ReputationRep:
    Stay awake after suhur or sleep but wake up nice and early. That way, you can do your work before you start to feel really hungry.

I thought it would be like this as well but there's actually quite a bit of time in the day to do revision since the fasts are so long this year.
    I find that the time between Zuhr and Asr is best during the week to revise.

Oh and make sure you get to sleep. Honestly, keep well rested, go to sleep in between taraweeh and suhoor and after fajr before school. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you're eating and drinking properly at suhoor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.