Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for gatsby or Edward Thomas and Robert frost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut98)
    Pioneers for Gatsby
    Craft of poetry for Frost and Thomas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_2016)
    Pioneers for Gatsby
    Craft of poetry for Frost and Thomas??
    When you say the craft of poetry do you mean like comparing how birches represents poetry to how aspens does?Wasn't a theme I ever thought would even exist, never mind come up. Did you teacher suggest it?

ReputationRep:
    My answer for any possible gatsby question will just be - 'it was all daisy's fault...' 100% effective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleurdewicca)
    When you say the craft of poetry do you mean like comparing how birches represents poetry to how aspens does?Wasn't a theme I ever thought would even exist, never mind come up. Did you teacher suggest it?
    Yes my teacher suggested it, like how the poem represents the writers craft, self doubt within their own work

ReputationRep:
    Possible questions for Gatsby that my teacher and others have suggested are:
    Gatsby as pioneer(frontiersman)
    Women
    Nick as the 'reliable narrator'
    Materialism, including how houses represent the people who live in them

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher has suggested how Thomas and Frost write about place or people and also women, frontiers and social criticism for Gatsby. Hope that's useful!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry can someone please explain the concept for frontiers and pioneers to me in the context of gatsby and isn't it multiple choice?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for Duffy and Lochhead?

ReputationRep:
    I think frontiers is basically the self-made man and yes you get a choice of 2 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut98)
    My teach thinks contemplation, place of the creative process. She's suggested memory also and a really obscure one: "Interrupted Journey"

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got some high-scoring essays on Gatsby?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for Yeats and Kavanagh for poetry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangdinger69)
    Anyone got some high-scoring essays on Gatsby?
    I've had scores around the 46's and teacher comments on the end on what needs to be added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConorSadce)
    My teach thinks contemplation, place of the creative process. She's suggested memory also and a really obscure one: "Interrupted Journey"
    Would interrupted journey simply be chance encounter???

ReputationRep:
    I've had scores around the 46's and teacher comments on the end on what needs to be added
    Could I see them please? Feeling a bit lost at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    many are hoping that women come up because they were predicting it last year but last year it was modern reader. Some think it may be frontiersman because it hasn't came up in a while and some are dreading that its about gatsby being a glamorous gangster.

ReputationRep:
    Would interrupted journey simply be chance encounter???
    Sort of. It's like Adlestrop because the train isn't supposed to stop and Stopping By Woods because the beauty of the forest interrupts his journey. I suppose you could use chance encounters like The Chalk Pit, but I wouldn't say something like The New Year, because he isn't really interrupted.

ReputationRep:
    Any more context for Gatsby and gangsters apart from prohibition, gangsters like Al Capone etc distorting the American Dream and a glamorised above-the-law lifestyle?

ReputationRep:
    what poems did you pick for frost and Thomas yday??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.