RGBrunette
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
how did you guys find the biology (AQA) AS resit on unit 2 today?

(I personally didn't like majority of it)
katie.193
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It was awful, no one I talked to liked it. I'd done every single past paper this year and last, and I'd revised everything, so I don't feel too bad 'cause I couldn't have been more prepared, it was just a really frustrating paper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wtf is a temporary mount like aqa smd
RGBrunette
Rep:
?
(Original post by katie.193)
It was awful, no one I talked to liked it. I'd done every single past paper this year and last, and I'd revised everything, so I don't feel too bad 'cause I couldn't have been more prepared, it was just a really frustrating paper
exactly ! i also felt very prepared and dont think i could have done anything else !!?? just hoping the grade boundaries are low ..
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What da*** is a 'temporary mount'... In my 2 years of A-Level, I have never come across a 'temporary mount' in the revision guide or lessons...
miss deviant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RGBrunette)

What was the hardest question?
Ordo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by katie.193)
Yep I agree with you this paper was annoying. Because this is the last AS Unit 2 paper ever, they have to come up with different questions because in all past papers they pretty much asked almost everything.

(Original post by 142701)
wtf is a temporary mount like aqa smd
Temporary mount is where you put drop of nail varnish on a slide then place on leaf on drop. Hold flat until nail varnish dries. Remove the leaf from the slide.

exactly ! i also felt very prepared and dont think i could have done anything else !!?? just hoping the grade boundaries are low ..
Hopefully if AQA is nice
RGBrunette
Rep:
?
yes lets hope the grade boundaries are nice and low

there was a lot of application than usual instead of knowledge from the book so i thought that was a bit unfair ....
RGBrunette
Rep:
?
(Original post by miss deviant)
What was the hardest question?
i wouldnt say the questions were necessarily hard just very weird and not the typical unit 2 questions towards the middle and end.
Antonia.Painter
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

LOVED it up until question 5 and then went down hill rather quickly from there. The mount thing one and the 6 marker absolutely stumped me.

Did anyone re-sit unit 1? because I found that far easier than this
RGBrunette
Rep:
?
(Original post by Antonia.Painter)
LOVED it up until question 5 and then went down hill rather quickly from there. The mount thing one and the 6 marker absolutely stumped me.

Did anyone re-sit unit 1? because I found that far easier than this
i did not resit unit 1 but i heard it was a very nice paper so i had a feeling they may have decided to be sneaky with unit 2 to make up for it ...and unfortunately i was right ...yeh the first few questions were good but i didnt like the question on the cell cycle/mitosis one very much was a bit confusing as well as other questions later on which were weird.
miss deviant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did not resit unit 1 but i heard it was a very nice paper so i had a feeling they may have decided to be sneaky with unit 2 to make up for it ...and unfortunately i was right ...yeh the first few questions were good but i didnt like the question on the cell cycle/mitosis one very much was a bit confusing as well as other questions later on which were weird.
I thought this paper was a lot easier than unit 1
JJ_98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah that cell cycle section was confusing. what did you say for the question where it was like how did the cell end up with this many chromosomes? I said meiosis but not sure if that was right. I really f'd up the 6 mark question on the kidneys
RGBrunette
Rep:
?
(Original post by JJ_98)
Yeah that cell cycle section was confusing. what did you say for the question where it was like how did the cell end up with this many chromosomes? I said meiosis but not sure if that was right. I really f'd up the 6 mark question on the kidneys
i think i also said something like that but not too confident abt most of my answers in that question as the diagrams were confusing.
i asked my biology teacher after the exam abt the 6 mark question on the kidneys and how we were supposed to answer it and apparently it was just asking to talk abt the circulatory system which i wrote but i dont feel the question was very fair and it made most of the emphasis on the kidneys and not the general circulatory system which is why i think it put most ppl off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate