This discussion is closed.
rottcodd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Does anyone do the millenium volunteer scheme?

I'm just about to start a job at my local school mentoring year 10 students, which I'm thinking of turning down the pay offered for it, and using the hours I work to go towards my millenium volunteer thing. But I won't be able to complete the full 100 hours doing this, as I will finnish in about three weeks and then I'm on holiday!

So, can the hours that contribute to the millenium volunteer award come from different volunteer placements? For example, could I do 20 hours of student mentoring, then 80 hours doing something completely different 3 months later, then put these hours together to get the millenium volunteer award?
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by steerpike1985)
So, can the hours that contribute to the millenium volunteer award come from different volunteer placements? For example, could I do 20 hours of student mentoring, then 80 hours doing something completely different 3 months later, then put these hours together to get the millenium volunteer award?
Yes, your hours can come from different projects.

Fx
rottcodd
Rep:
?
cheers :-) Was just checking.

Now I have to decide whether its worth turning down £6 an hour to get the millenium volunteer award or not....
rottcodd
Rep:
?
...oh yeah, and is it just me, or does everytime you try to go to www.milleniumvolunteer.org.uk your computer crashes?
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...oh yeah, and is it just me, or does everytime you try to go to www.milleniumvolunteer.org.uk your computer crashes?
www.millenniumvolunteers.gov.uk works fine
*skye*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone do the millenium volunteer scheme?

I'm just about to start a job at my local school mentoring year 10 students, which I'm thinking of turning down the pay offered for it, and using the hours I work to go towards my millenium volunteer thing. But I won't be able to complete the full 100 hours doing this, as I will finnish in about three weeks and then I'm on holiday!

Ooh, im a millenium volunteer!!! and i thoroughly recommend it!- it is soooo much fun! But i guess this is coming from someone who loves to help people and do communtiy type stuff! lol. So, if you think it will be fun, then i say go for it and join up! You get to meet new people, improve skills and of course, the personal satisfaction you get is amazing! but thats of course, if this kinda thing appeals to you.

Mind you, a lot of people i kno did the MV thing bcos it was convenient in that it coincided with their work experience eg social work so, i guess for that reason also, you may as well take it up!

And yeh, you can do whatever you like, whenever it suits you!

Hope that helps!
JnA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was MVscheme, but missed out on collecting the hours officially by signing them off!!! I dont think its too important if you're thesort of person who does voluntary wk regularly. I had loads of hrs - shame tho...alas o well, I guess i have other things to show instead.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads