Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, I fasted but towards the end of the day, my tummy was literally burning and my heart was beating so fast. My hands were shaking and it felt like I was going to collapse. I didn't want to break my fast but I couldn't go on any longer. Then, it was iftar and I took two sips of water and I was trying to eat the date but it was really hard. I was full up but then I had this overwhelming urge to vomit. I then vomited and ate my food after. I didn't fast today as I felt really ill. Should I fast tommorow? Is it haram if I don't?

ReputationRep:
    i don't really know a lot about ramadam, but i know that this is a health issue, and you're exempt from fasting if you have a health issue, so yes, as long as you make up for it by doing something good i think?

No.

If you are by any means really ill where you have to take medicine don't suffer and fast. Get better and then fast I hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    I think your body's giving you the only answer you should listen to.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you're not meant to continue a fast which is making you genuinely unwell, although I know it's a difficult decision to make to break your fast. It's possible you get used to it and if the temperature goes down a few degrees you may feel a little better, but it's also possible that your body isn't coping and will get worse. Perhaps you could talk to your parents/imam and ask their advice on what you should do?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.