Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Access to Leeds

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So I have a place to study fashion marketing reduced from ABB to BBC through the Access to Leeds scheme. I know that seems like a lot of leeway but I am so worried I won't be able to get the grades! This is because I had an accident where I damaged my spine and had to resit the year and consequently have seizures all the time which has caused me to miss nearly half of my time at school!
    I got BDE last year and I have raised the subject I got an E in a lot through my coursework but they are asking for a B in media which I got a D in last year. I then was in hospital and didn't have time to improve my coursework which had meant I've not been able to pull my grade up.
    I've been trying really hard but I just have missed so much school and my cardiologist and neurologist have said that my condition will only get better! I am a fully able student who would have been able to get the grades if my attendance wasn't 50%
    If I don't get the requested grades by maybe one grade do you think they will still consider me? I wrote to them with support of my doctor and they said that they could not take this into account because exam boards give consideration but I later found that they won't do that unless I have symptoms/a seizure ON THE DAYS OF MY EXAMS.
    I feel at a loss because I am already a year behind and I just wondered if anyone else has been in a similar situation where they have just missed the grades for Access to Leeds or any advice on what to do

[I was accepted for the scheme because of my health condition and because I live only half an hour away so is the closest university to me - obviously something which is important given my condition if that helps]

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.