Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Intercalated a year off University, now I'm rethinking everything Watch

My story..

My first year at university I studied a Bsc Psychology and it went great, I passed with 2.2 grade and made friends, my second year I decided to move out and I didn't make new friends like I expected to do, I ended up isolating myself and trying to focus on studying which failed, when it came to the second year exams It got too much for me and I ended up having breakdowns and having anxiety.

Now it's a month later and I'm still isolated, I got treatment for the anxiety by taking medication (a beta blocker).

My worry is that I won't change to prepare to go back, or whether thats the right decision entirely, and even if I do go back I will get 2.2 degree (going off my average) and it won't be valued as much. I'm still isolating myself and it's getting to me not doing anything right now, but I can't make choices because I don't know what to do, I always think about the future and overthink my decisions. Furthermore, I met my girlfriend at university and we've been together for a year so all my decisions will affect us. Any advice will help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.