Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have decided not to go to university this year but next year. In my AS I had a D in English, E in RS (because i answered only one question on both papers instead of 2, so done half of the paper by accident) and a D in Health and Social care. I've resat both healh and social and RS this head, hopefully they will be better this year.
    Do i still have a chance of getting atleast 3 C's?

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, you can't go to university with only As levels, you need full A levels?

And none of us have any idea if you'll get a C or not.

Not sure what you're expecting really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    I'm confused, you can't go to university with only As levels, you need full A levels?

And none of us have any idea if you'll get a C or not.

Not sure what you're expecting really.
    Yes I have sat all my A2 exams. I'm just asking do anybody think it is realistic that I can change those grades to a C/B.
    Like has anybody else got dissapointing grades in AS, and got better grades overal, thats all🙄.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by befahnlee)
    Yes I have sat all my A2 exams. I'm just asking do anybody think it is realistic that I can change those grades to a C/B.
    Like has anybody else got dissapointing grades in AS, and got better grades overal, thats all🙄.
    Sure, plenty of people do relatively poorly in their As' then improve them. Whether you can or not is entirely down to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    Sure, plenty of people do relatively poorly in their As' then improve them. Whether you can or not is entirely down to you.
    Guess I'm just panicking so much about my results, that I think I'm going to fail because I didn't do well last year thats all. Looking for some sort of comfort where people have done bad last year and passed in A2 overall. Just hope that happens to me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have decided not to go to university this year but next year. In my AS I had a D in English, E in RS (because i answered only one question on both papers instead of 2, so done half of the paper by accident) and a D in Health and Social care. I've resat both healh and social and RS this head, hopefully they will be better this year.
    Do i still have a chance of getting atleast 3 C's?
    Of course. I got BCEU in my AS exams. I resat one exam from each subject as I got A's in one then C's/D's in the others, and came out of my A Levels with BBB. I'm doing an extra A Level now, by teaching myself but it is possible if you resit an exam and put more effort into revision.

Hope all goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
    Of course. I got BCEU in my AS exams. I resat one exam from each subject as I got A's in one then C's/D's in the others, and came out of my A Levels with BBB. I'm doing an extra A Level now, by teaching myself but it is possible if you resit an exam and put more effort into revision.

Hope all goes well for you!
    That's fantastic and you should be so proud! I need a BBB, but will be so happy with CCC, I would be over the moon! now I know there is still hope☺️

ReputationRep:
    That's fantastic and you should be so proud! I need a BBB, but will be so happy with CCC, I would be over the moon! now I know there is still hope☺️
    Thanks!! I was but a tad annoyed as well as I was a few marks off an A for English and Sociology and I could've got them if i'd worked harder, even for a couple of more hours! But hey ho, I know you'll exceed CCC! Hope you get the grades you deserve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
    Thanks!! I was but a tad annoyed as well as I was a few marks off an A for English and Sociology and I could've got them if i'd worked harder, even for a couple of more hours! But hey ho, I know you'll exceed CCC! Hope you get the grades you deserve!
    yeah i bet hun! thank you, fingers crossed☺️!x

ReputationRep:
    If Leicester can win the Champions League,then you can easily get CCC.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! There are so many stories of people with similar grades turning it around as long as you've approached it the right way when you retake I retook a unit from each subject this year, and I found it to be so much easier the second time around because you know the entire syllabus from when you've started revising (rather than having to revise whilst still learning content in lessons) and you're so much more familiar with the content. Obviously it's all down to you but it would be totally possible to even get higher than CCC! Good luck and I hope you get the grades you want, don't get too stressed out about it x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.