Please help me to choose a levels!!!!

Watch this thread
In2u
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone, what A-levels would be the best for me if I still cannot choose whether I want to study Architecture or Law in the future? Thanks!!
dnr_23
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
maths, physics, eng lit, economics, history would all be good choices
DibbyDabby
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Look up the university course requirements to see what they look for/ like and also take into account what subject you enjoy and what you are good at
kia29
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was in a similar situation to you last year.
I wanted to study architecture for years and so my initial A level options were maths, physics, art and politics - the latter purely because i was interested in it. Coming up to sixth form i changed my mind and decided to try and go into politics via a law degree or PPE, so i ended up taking maths, history, politics, economics and art. I loved all of them and would probably recommend if you're undecided on which career to go for doing maths, history, physics and another of your choice (art or DT maybe?).
Actuvia
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
for architecture you should take maths and art/product design although art is generally preferred, this keeps most uni's open...

for law I would recommend taking an essay subject such as English lit or History, this shows a good skill. Also I know this may sound a bit weird but I would not recommend taking law because you don't need law to get into a law undergrad course at uni(at least for the majority of uni's), and if you were to take a different subject that would be useful for law but is still useful for other degrees it would leave your choices open incase you change your mind.

The best way to find out would be by looking at university websites and their course entry requirements, this would be your best way to find out which a levels you need.

Finally I also recommend not taking general studies or critical thinking as these a levels are generally not counted in most universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads