Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've just started getting really friendly with this girl I've known for ages, and we hang out at parties and stuff, and the last one we slept together (like physically slept in the same bed, nothing intimate at all) and we have a real good laugh together because she's nice and all.
    Anyway, recently we've been making all these cool plans for the summer together and I'm really looking forward to them. But I need her to know that we're just being friends, she doesn't really display affection much but I can't be sure? I need either a way to tell if she wants to be more, or a way of telling her I don't want anything more, because all my relationships turn to utter ****.
    I don't understand girls one bit, so any help would be great.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ask her to go out and eat in the evening in a noice fancy restaurant, just you and her. the romantic imagery of that idea will make her think ''mmm do i want to date him or nahhh '' and tell her ''it's like a date if you want to think of it like that''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    ask her to go out and eat in the evening in a noice fancy restaurant, just you and her. the romantic imagery of that idea will make her think ''mmm do i want to date him or nahhh '' and tell her ''it's like a date if you want to think of it like that''
    No because I don't want a relationship , I need to ensure she doesn't without ruining any of our plans..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by GaryIsASloth)
    No because I don't want a relationship , I need to ensure she doesn't without ruining any of our plans..
    oh right, i misread your question oopps

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've just started getting really friendly with this girl I've known for ages, and we hang out at parties and stuff, and the last one we slept together (like physically slept in the same bed, nothing intimate at all) and we have a real good laugh together because she's nice and all.
    Anyway, recently we've been making all these cool plans for the summer together and I'm really looking forward to them. But I need her to know that we're just being friends, she doesn't really display affection much but I can't be sure? I need either a way to tell if she wants to be more, or a way of telling her I don't want anything more, because all my relationships turn to utter ****.
    give her small hints such as when you meet up possibly bring friends? or tell her how she feels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    give her small hints such as when you meet up possibly bring friends? or tell her how she feels
    But like, the whole part of being able to see her as just friends, doesn't involve friends, like we wanna meet up just us and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Say shes like family or something, the "youre like a sister" line will get her understanding. Then you can see if she really is okay being just friends, or say something like shes "one of the lads" etccc (idk xD) , whatever fits your relationship to say. Don't talk about relationships cos thats always misread, or maybe just say outright that you're not interested in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    She probably thinks you're gay

>Problem solved

ReputationRep:
    Invite her to dinner BUT invite some of her friends and some of your friends. This is so that it isn't orquard and also it helps her to think that your just her friend.

Try and hint as well like...'have you got a boyfriend' (She will probably ask you if you have someone aswell) if she does reply just say something like 'nah I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment'.

This will also help her understanding of what you want as it doesn't mess with her mind.

Good luck! hope this goes well!

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't show affection then she just want's to be friends with you.

ReputationRep:
    Does she act shy, and if not then she probs just wants to be friends with u, hope this helps?

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 she hits you with the "Is it ok if my boyfriend comes along with us?"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.