The Student Room Group

OCR COMPUTING 08/06/16 Topics likely to appear.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KomradeKorbyn
Hi, I got 37/45 in the Appinventor and 31/45 in the programming controlled assessment. I just checked the UMS converter, and these grades convert to 65 UMS and 76 UMS respectively.

But it seems the highest you can get in the test is 120 UMS, and that would mean even if I got 120 UMS I still couldn't get more than 261 UMS in total, which is short of the 270 UMS required for an A*.

Does this mean it is impossible for me to get an A* overall?

I'm not very sure about all the UMS stuff, but I think 37/45 would be a very high B or a low A, and 31/45 possibly a high C/low B? I think you'd have to get a high A* to achieve an overall A* in computing.
This test was actually easier than i thought and finished it! awesome A/A* guaranteed
Hi, I got 37/45 in the Appinventor and 31/45 in the programming controlled assessment. I just checked the UMS converter, and these grades convert to 65 UMS and 76 UMS respectively.

But it seems the highest you can get in the test is 120 UMS, and that would mean even if I got 120 UMS I still couldn't get more than 261 UMS in total, which is short of the 270 UMS required for an A*.

Unfortunately, you're right, it is impossible (I think). You can still get an A though, which is still a really good mark! :console:

Thanks for mentioning the UMS converter though, I hadn't calculated what I needed yet. Turns out I only need aproximately 48/80 in the exam (a high B) for A* overall.
(edited 7 years ago)

Sorry, an A* overall is out of reach. For an A you would need 99 UMS marks so around 54/55 raw marks. (Following last years grade boundaries).
Original post by ismailmeraj
Sorry, an A* overall is out of reach. For an A you would need 99 UMS marks so around 54/55 raw marks. (Following last years grade boundaries).

Original post by zeldor711
Unfortunately, you're right, it is impossible (I think). You can still get an A though, which is still a really good mark! :console:Thanks for mentioning the UMS converter though, I hadn't calculated what I needed yet. Turns out I only need aproximately 48/80 in the exam (a high B) for A* overall.

Oh, well that's a shame, thanks both of you!

An A was what I was originally aiming for anyway - my teacher told me I'd need around 66/80 for an A*, but evidently he doesn't really know what he's talking abut :redface: He's pretty **** anyway, and has multiple times told us something then been like "no that's wrong" and made it far more confusing by telling us two contradictory things. The joys of computing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending