Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to get presents for three of my teachers by Friday (21st at the VERY latest) but I've no clue what they like or what they'd want

Teacher One: Female, mid thirties, kind. Student support person. That's all I know.
    Teacher Two: Male, early thirties, English teacher. Likes Liverpool football (?) and running. And books. But only books on Kindles.
    Teacher Three: Male, mid thirties, Maths, Irish. He might like golf since someone got him golf balls last year.

THINGS I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GET THEM: Alcohol or chocolates. Why? Because it's so boring! They'd be a last ditch effort. I want something more personal. No tacky Best Teacher merch either.

I thought I could make them something but I don't know what. I'm really lost. Only ideas are tied, notebooks and cards at the moment.

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps books related to things they're interested in/Kindle voucher for your English teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
    Perhaps books related to things they're interested in/Kindle voucher for your English teacher?
    Thanks, going for a voucher :-)

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol. Always alcohol.

Unless they're like Muslim/tee total or something. Then probably don't.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, think about why you want to get them a gift - Have they supported you in some way? Were they there in a time of need? etc.

I'd say a card is always a good and sentimental start - you can write a message inside and it's more personal than chocolates etc.
    Teachers always need pens/post-it notes/a diary for next year (16/17) - so you could have a look in Paperchase at all the stationary.
    Maybe Amazon vouchers so they can treat themselves (Teacher 2?)
    For the Maths teacher you could get him a Suduko 3D puzzle or some kind of mental/maths puzzles like this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010PPDQ...I394256220Z6GY)
    (https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Discove...ds=suduko+cube)

Think about things that they could use to help them teach or that link in with their subject/job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    Teachers always need pens/post-it notes/a diary for next year (16/17) - so you could have a look in Paperchase at all the stationary.
    Surely their school provide this to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    Yeah we're given basic pens that students often ask to 'borrow' and never return, post-it notes we have to provide ourselves and diary are provided, but they won't be as pretty as a Paperchase one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    they'll be given basic pen/diary but you could get them something a bit nicer/special

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    Yeah we're given basic pens that students often ask to 'borrow' and never return, post-it notes we have to provide ourselves and diary are provided, but they won't be as pretty as a Paperchase one.
    I guess I'm not as big on stationary as some - basic pens do the job just fine for me. I'm still sticking with alcohol as the best gift.

ReputationRep:
    We got our history teacher a Winston Churchill tie
    Maybe you could get subject related ties for your english and maths teachers?

One year when our teacher was leaving we gave him a huge cake. Apparently he was so happy that he wouldn't stop bragging about it to other teachers. It's the thought that counts in the end.

ReputationRep:
    We bought our lecturer (woman) an eeyore figure and a bunch of flowers - apparently she's into disney

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.