Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are the SUVAT equations in the M1 Formula book? 8th June 'AM' exam?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bysteven)

There are no equations for m1 given

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not!

ReputationRep:
    That sucks! I'm just revising all the extra cosine equations too incase they come up! e.g. a^2 = b^2 + c+2 - 2bc cosA,
    and I'm double checking all my sine and cosine rules for the incline plane question which is sure to come up.

ReputationRep:
    That sucks! I'm just revising all the extra cosine equations too incase they come up! e.g. a^2 = b^2 + c+2 - 2bc cosA,
    and I'm double checking all my sine and cosine rules for the incline plane question which is sure to come up.
    Have you had a look at the booklet...? The cosine rule is given. Why are you wasting your time learning it? Learn the things that are not on the booklet, like SUVAT.

(assuming you are Edexcel)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Which exam board is this?

Edexcel formula booklet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Have you had a look at the booklet...? The cosine rule is given. Why are you wasting your time learning it? Learn the things that are not on the booklet, like SUVAT.
    I'm pretty sure there is no formulae given for M1 from what I can see, 'There are no formulae given for M1 in addition to those candidates are expected to know.'

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there is no formulae given for M1 from what I can see, 'There are no formulae given for M1 in addition to those candidates are expected to know.'
    Look under C2. You get given the entire booklet in the exam. It's not just that because you are in the exam you're forbidden from turning the page back and looking at the C2 formulae...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Look under C2. You get given the entire booklet in the exam. It's not just that because you are in the exam you're forbidden from turning the page back and looking at the C2 formulae...
    Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (u+v)t

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (v+v)t
    Do you mean v = u+ at and s = t/2 ( u+v)?

But yeah, get off TSR and go learn 'em! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's not too bad then, should be fine with only 3 to learn I already know v^2 = u +at and s = 1/2 (u+v)t
    V = u + at, not v^2

Your others are:
    V^2 = u^2 + 2as
    S = ut + 0.5(a)t^2
    And s = 0.5(u+v)t, as you have.

ReputationRep:
    Point proven Thanks for your helps guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.